I am on their email list. It is disgusting how they are being treated! The government has more time for the pro-illegal groups than with the families that had loved ones killed on 9/11! McCAIN, KENNEDY, CRAIG, SHEILA JACKSON LEE, and all the other pro-illegal supporters HAVE TO GET THROWN OUT OF OFFICE!

I have not forgotten 9/11, where I was, how I felt. It is still with me!

9/11 Families for a Secure America Newsletter April 13, 2005

The current status of the Real ID Act.

As you know, US Rep. James Sensenbrenner’s Real ID Act passed the House in a bipartisan vote of 261 to 161 and we have been waiting the introduction of companion legislation in the Senate.

9/11 FSA members have been going to Washington to lobby Senators to support this bill which will discourage states from issuing licenses to illegal aliens and the unknown terrorists among them.

While in D.C. we presented to Majority Leader Frist a letter in support of the Real ID Act signed by 600 relatives of those murdered on 9/11.

Our experience last week in the Senate was very frustrating, for the open borders lobby has pulled out all the stops to fight this essential national security legislation. To the open borders crowd, the deaths of our loved ones were apparently just a cost of doing business, and some Senators have continued their slavish support for exploiters of cheap labor no matter what the threat to America’s security.

On April 11, twelve Senators sent a letter to Frist opposing the Real ID Act. The Senators are: Brownback (R-Kans), Lieberman (D-Conn), McCain (R-Ariz), Feinstein (D-Calif), Alexander (R-Tenn), Leahy (D-Vt), Sununu (R-NH),

Kennedy (D-Mass), Hagel (R-Neb), Durbin (D-Ill), Lugar (R-Ind) and Salazar (D-Colo)

Although they phrased their opposition in procedural terms, we should not be misled: they are opposed to legislation that will make it harder for illegal aliens to get drivers’ licenses even though that is the only way to stop terrorists from obtaining the ID they need help carry out more terrorist attacks.

Joan Molinaro’s account of our experiences last week follows:

Washington DC April 5th through April 7th.

From April 5th through 7th, Bruce DeCell, Grace Godshalk, Loisanne Diehl, Peter Gadiel and I along with two new friends of 911FSA, Larry Provost and Mike Cutler were in Washington visiting Senator’s offices trying to get support for the Real ID Act. Larry is a very nice young man who worked in the recovery effort at Ground Zero, he has also served our country in Afghanistan and Iraq. He is a true hero in our eyes. It was great to work with him and we hope he will continue to stay involved with 911FSA. Mike Cutler is a retired law enforcement man, and he has been around the block a few times. He has done many TV and talk radio shows discussing the issues of illegal immigration and border security. His knowledge on these issues was extremely helpful. We hope to continue this relationship as well.

As you know, Mr. Sensenbrenner’s bill The Real ID Act will soon become a heavily debated issue once again in Washington. We have some Senators on our side, but many more against us. We did not get to speak with any Senators. Most Senators simply can’t or are unwilling to grasp the importance of passing this bill. They don’t seem very interested in protecting their constituents and all American citizens from terrorists. Rather, these Senators seem hell bent on allowing illegal aliens and the terrorists amongst them into this country. It appears that most of the Senators don’t believe that 3000 dead Americans is reason enough to protect and secure our borders. I wonder just how many American lives it will take.

As we went to the offices of the Senators, {we did not have appointments. We thought the element of surprise would be better. Besides, have you ever tried to get an appointment with a Senator? } In some offices I had the feeling we were not wanted. Once our card was given to the person at the front desk, they would disappear into the back offices and come out 3 minutes later saying “the person you need to speak with is in a meeting, or they are out to lunch, or they have full schedules and can’t meet with you today.� We then asked for the name of the person we needed to speak with and their phone number. To which some replied “Oh, I don’t have their card.� So we simply said ‘okay, can you please write their name on a piece of paper for us.� Dah! I wonder why these people wouldn’t want to talk to us. {We’re nice people, really we are.} Maybe they just didn’t want to hear the truth. {I like to think it’s because we make them nervous and they can’t look us in the eye and lie.} We did leave the Senators folders with copies of the letter to Senator Frist and copies of the letters that Bruce managed to get from some law enforcement groups stating their support for HR418. {Now if the Senators would only read them!} We even left one folder in Ted Kennedy’s office! {I know he won’t read it!} We didn’t leave one with McCain’s office, but that’s another that wouldn’t read it. Most of the staffers {when we did get one that would actually talk to us} were polite. They sit, they listen they shake their heads and tell us they understand. Then they say “well, we haven’t actually talked to the Senator in length about this bill, but we will inform him/her of your concerns.� THEY HAVEN’T TALKED IN LENGTH ABOUT THIS BILL? I wonder when these Senators read the bills (if they do at all) the night before the vote? Does the staffer tell the Senator how to vote? Who decides if the bill is good or not? Heck, who is in charge, the Senator who was elected or the staffer? Makes you wonder too huh?

The time is once again upon us to make phone calls, phone calls, phone calls. We need to get every one to call their Senator and Congressman and tell them you want them to support the Real ID Act. You do not want illegal aliens to get drivers’ licenses; we want to secure our borders and absolutely NO AMENISTY for any illegal alien. NO Dream Act either. If the phones don’t ring off the walls and the fax machines don’t jam with letters, these Senators won’t listen.

It is time for the American public to speak louder than the special interest groups. We need to drown out the big corporations, La Rasa, immigration lawyers, etc. and make our voices heard. We can’t do this without your help. Please pick up the phone, send a fax and get your family and friends to do the same. AMERICA BELONGS TO YOU, DON’T LET THE SENATORS SELL IT TO TERRORISTS.