Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email from the Huckster

Mike Huckabee on the Campaign Trail

Traveling through the small towns of Iowa we are invigorated by good news. We have surged into a virtual tie in the national 2008 Republican presidential race with less than two weeks before the first contest, according to the Reuters/Zogby poll.

The dramatic upswing in our campaign is due to the tremendous volunteer effort of the friends who have believed in me and who did so, not because the conventional wisdom said we WOULD win but because our shared common convictions said we SHOULD win.

Our campaign has caught fire in recent weeks, wiped out an 18-point deficit in one month to pull within one point of the lead in national polls.

I write personally because I understand that you too believe in the core principles of our campaign: Faith. Family. Freedom. And I want to ask for your immediate help.

Principles that the people we meet agree with. They want to eliminate federal income taxes in favor of a national sales tax and help save Social Security. Instead of basing our national budget off of payroll taxes for Social Security ... it means the base of funding is much broader. That's important because we have a declining number of people who actually live by their wages.

I call my plan a "FAIR tax," as it would eliminate federal income and investment taxes and replace them with a federal sales tax. The poor would pay no net sales tax up to the poverty level, and every household would receive a rebate equal to sales taxes paid on essential goods and services.

With the soaring numbers putting us past the better known and better funded candidates who have in most cases outspent us 10-1, they are now in panic mode frantically trying to brush back our efforts.

With our success have come a whirlwind of negative attacks through press releases and now, I have the dubious honor of being target of the first negative attack television ad of a Republican this cycle.

Our campaign has been hugely efficient and we are where we are today because of the frugal spending of our supporters' investments. Now, I need your immediate help to fend off these relentless attacks. Will you stand with me and contribute today?

Just last week in South Carolina a precious little 4 year old girl came to me at a campaign event and put in my hands three nickels and two dimes and said I want you to be president. While the amount of money may not buy a television ad to respond to these harsh attacks it fueled my enthusiasm as if it were a maximum contribution of $2,300.

I'm asking you to do 2 things right now: Number 1: make a contribution today as generously as you can so we can purchase television time to defend against the desperate attacks. Your contribution of $1 (a buck for Huck!), $10, $25, $50, $100, $500, $1,000 even your personal maximum of $2,300 will help us immediately.

Number two: send this or a personal note to your friends and family and ask them to join you in our effort.

Pray for our safe travel on these icy roads!

With deep gratitude,

Mike Huckabee

===============================================

"Just last week in South Carolina a precious little 4 year old girl came to me at a campaign event and put in my hands three nickels and two dimes and said I want you to be president."

My, what a brilliant child.....4 years old and into politics???? Wonder who dreamed this up?

NO MENTION OF THE ILLEGAL ALIENS AND HIS SHAMNESTY PLAN.

Oh you so need to post the reply to address.

Now, I need your immediate help to fend off these relentless attacks. Will you stand with me and contribute today?
    HELL NO, you disingenious and deceptive Huckster!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The little girl was probably an anchor baby!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)