Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Emanuel backs scholarships for illegal immigrants

Emanuel backs scholarships for illegal immigrants

Associated Press - May 13, 2011 5:04 PM ET

CHICAGO (AP) - Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel supports a bill that would let illegal immigrants obtain private scholarships to college.

Emanuel attended a rally Friday to support the Illinois Dream Act that would create a panel to raise private scholarship money.

The bill has bipartisan support, although some Republicans have been criticized for supporting it.

Emanuel said it would be fitting for Illinois to pass the legislation because Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin has worked to pass federal legislation of the same name. The federal proposal is different because it would give some illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.

Emanuel says the state legislation would be consistent with Illinois values.

http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=14643022

Banned
    Scholarship bill raises big immigration questions

Associated Press - May 13, 2011 4:14 PM ET

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Many Illinois legislators say offering private college scholarships to immigrants would make a bad situation better when it comes to illegal immigration.

The bill would let children of immigrants get scholarships and invest in the state college savings program. It would be open to legal and illegal immigrants.

The Senate approved the Illinois Dream Act 45-11 last week. The bill now heads to the House.

Critics say it encourages illegal immigration and takes spots in state universities from legal residents.

But lawmakers, including some Republicans, say educational opportunities help Illinois. They say illegal immigrants are a fact of life and should have access to college.

The bill is SB2185.

http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=14642647

Democrats have totally abandoned the US citizen looking for higher education.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

But lawmakers, including some Republicans, say educational opportunities help Illinois. They say illegal immigrants are a fact of life and should have access to college.
    They already have access to college, so don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!!! Illegal aliens want us taxpayers to pay for their college education, at the expense of our kids.

I say HELL NO! You want to go to college, then YOU and your parents can pay for it!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

you are 100 % right Miquelina
    I still say this is all Obama doing & the gov going along with
    him
    I have to pay for my kids college why they should not be In our country at all
    but good old Obama has his way / & the hell with the American
    Mr trump hurry up
    no amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The sad thing is because they are from another country they will get the biggest and best scholarships because they are considered multicultural. Time after time I've seen anchor babies and illegals get a free ride to college or a great scholarship even though almost all of the time they do NOT have the highest GPA's.

Our kids are punished in the scholarship process because they were born here to parents whose ancestors have been here for generations and/or they do not have the right skin color. It doesn't matter how hard our kids work the chances of them getting a very good scholarship or a free ride to college are almost zero to none as the illegals and anchors will win them every time due to their "multiculturism."