Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'The end of white America'? Navarrette

'The end of white America'?

By Ruben Navarrette (Contact)
    2:00 a.m. January 28, 2009

What is it with white males? You would think that a group that occupies so many powerful positions and controls so much wealth would be secure enough not to be rattled by a few silly comments. But in the aftermath of the inauguration of the first African-American president, skins are thin.

It's a new day – one in which, as some people see it, white males are both convenient villains and our society's newest victims.

Even the fact that white males are overrepresented in the Obama White House staff and Cabinet doesn't do much to reassure them that they haven't lost their place at the head of the line. And now some in the blogosphere and on talk radio seem to be cracking under the pressure.

Talk-show host Michael Savage recently warned his listeners that for the next four years, the Obama administration and those who support it would be constantly plotting to victimize white males.

What set Savage off were comments by former Labor Secretary Robert Reich who, in testifying before Congress on President Obama's plan to create more than a million new jobs as part of the economic recovery, said:

“I am concerned, as I'm sure many of you are, that these jobs not simply go to high-skilled people who are already professionals or to white male construction workers. I have nothing against white male construction workers, I'm just saying that there are other people who have needs as well.â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sometimes, it's obvious that African-Americans are oversensitive and see racism where it doesn't exist
    Sorry, this is the pot calling the kettle black. This guy does more whining about the poor, poor abused Hispanics than just about anyone I've heard. How many times has LaRaza pulled out the racial profiling card?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think it shouldn't be about ethnicity. I think it is about assimilation and keeping our country as one. I don;t care what color you are I just care if you are trying to ruin our country. I also think that not just white people are racists. I think that the other races are more racists that whites. Remember divided we fall.

The Navarette articles are posted here for our eye-rolling enjoyment, right?

LOL
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

White male construction workers can't find a job in the USA any more. They're outbidded for jobs by illegal aliens paying no taxes and doing the work for cheap.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

White male construction workers can't find a job in the USA any more. They're outbidded for jobs by illegal aliens paying no taxes and doing the work for cheap.
    I'll attest to that, but it's not only the nonunion IA hiring contractors. My Union was sued for discrimination back in the 70's, all the way to the Supreme Court. Having lost there our union officials foolishly continued to fight it for over 30 years! Now we are under court order to provide at least 40% of man hours worked to minorities. So for the last few years the union scrambled to bring in as many non-union minorities as possible to fill this quota. When a member asked "are we at least making sure they're citizens" he was shouted down as being out of order.

Sadly the unspoken of reality is now some white members have to foot this bill through chronic unemployment. Those without connections such as relatives etc.. You see the court order never addressed cronyism and nepotism so workers such as myself being a first generation member are constantly being screwed.

I further screwed myself by being outspoken against the status quo and believe I have been blackballed by both my own union and the contractors. I take what I can get when I can get it but I KNEW when things got slow I had to go.