Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Enforcement-First Conservatives Say "Thank You" to

Enforcement-First Conservatives Say "Thank You" to Nancy Pelosi
    By Kevin James
    Friday, December 7, 2007

http://www.townhall.com

Our efforts to end the illegal alien invasion occasionally need a good shot in the arm. The best shot we have received in the past two years was in March 2006 when more than 500,000 illegal aliens and/or illegal alien supporters marched through the streets of Los Angeles carrying flags of other nations, yelling chants in other languages, and demanding that the American people provide immediate amnesty (complete with all of the taxpayer-funded benefits they could DREAM up). Since then, Congress attempted amnesty (twice), and New York Governor Eliot Spitzer attempted to provide driver’s licenses to illegal aliens in his State – and darn near turned the Hillary Clinton campaign upside down in the process!

Not to be outdone by Spitzer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-North Korea) succeeded (at least temporarily) in keeping life difficult for employers, particularly small businesses. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN) had drafted a short but sweet amendment to a budget bill which would have prohibited the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) -- the federal government’s civil rights watchdog – from using funds appropriated by the bill to finance lawsuits against businesses which require employees to speak English on the job.

Senator Alexander is considered by many to be a “moderateâ€

Great article.

Yep, those marches a year ago first woke me up. I was so angry at the arrogance, the demands, seeing the other countries' flags...

And now Nancy killing this amendment. I don't quite understand. If she doesn't have the power to veto legislation why was she allowed to get away with blocking this....

And finally I really agree with the last paragraph in this article. Sums it up! Many illegal aliens enjoy what this country has to offer yet; offer no loyalty, demand, sue, demand, commit crimes, did I say demand?... I believe as well that the OBLers are winning some battles but will ultimately lose the war. Americans are FED UP.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    fedup wrote:

And now Nancy killing this amendment. I don't quite understand. If she doesn't have the power to veto legislation why was she allowed to get away with blocking this....
    I'm confused too. The amendment was passed by the majority. How can she demand it be removed in conference? As the author of the article said, no single person, with the exception of the President of the United States, is supposed to have the power to override a majority vote in the U.S. Congress. Pelosi has the power to stop legislation from coming to a vote, but I didn't think she had the power to override a vote once it has been made.

Hmmm..........another back room deal being perpetrated from the 'shadows' against an unsuspecting American citizens population.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is another option. Employers can make sure they hire only people who speak English on the job, put the English only rule in the policy manual and have them sign off on it.

You don't speak English? Oh well, no job for you!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Yes, they can hire only English speaking people -

Maybe workers who are employed in a potentially dangerous job should sue the employer for not being able to communicate with other workers, thereby making the situation even more dangerous.

I just hope these employers of illegals and others who don't assimilate, get sued every time they turn around. Maybe soon they will get the idea that willingness to work for lower wages, not demand safe workplaces, etc., isn't always the most profitable route.

The "Hispanic cacaus" threatened to stop a bill she wanted, (I'm trying to think which one, been a few weeks) but anyway they blackmailed her into stalling or setting aside Lamars bill, there was alot of pissed off people and I still don't undestand how she got away with it, but it will hurt her, she is already lost alot of credibility, along with the "Hispanic Cacaus". another radical group fighting for a race instead of the good of their country.

This author used one of my favorite sayings, keep it up Pelosi you will win a few "battles" but will ultimately lose "the war" and it is a war as Dobbs says against the "middle class".
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Well if we elect a Republican Congress next year, Pelosi will be out of a job and probably resign like former Republican Speaker Hastert did after the Republicans lost last year. I bet Harry Reid would quit also.

I like this thinking:

While Senator Alexander is correct, I also say: Bring it on! Let’s have more employees filing more ridiculous lawsuits against companies that require English, generating more and more press. Let’s have the majority of voters – understandably distracted right now with the holiday season – learn over time how unreasonable and un-American many of the people in the illegal alien lobby are. Why?

Because what goes around comes around. In time, these outrages – and many others which I discuss daily on my radio show – will result in legislation far stricter than Senator Alexander’s toe in the water. Enough of these contemptible lawsuits (brought under color of misguided and misinterpreted U.S. law) will inevitably result in tough enforcement legislation which will cause millions of illegal aliens to self-deport.

So, keep it up, Speaker Pelosi, disgruntled employees and illegal alien supporters who enjoy the benefits of America but refuse to shoulder the responsibilities, keep it up. You will win a few battles, and those victories will cause you to lose the war, for which I will be thankful