Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ENJOY: Gheen, ALIPAC, Gov Hunt, El Pueblo, in-state tuition

Feedback?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/education/stor ... 03822.html

Supporters still want in-state tuition for illegal immigrants

10:02 PM EDT on Wednesday, July 13, 2005

By WILLIAM L. HOLMES
    Associated Press

RALEIGH â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They also faced organized opposition led by William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration, who pledged to continue lobbying on the issue.

He said Wednesday he doubted his opponents would be able to muster the same level of support again by 2007, the earliest the bill can be reintroduced.

"The legislators that I have talked to, the ones that are here already will remember it," Gheen said. "Many of the 26 legislators who remained on that bill, many of them will not be in Raleigh. Jim Hunt and El Pueblo can forget about in-state tuition."
    That's Right and we will continue to fight it.

Bazan-Manson said she considers North Carolina an important battleground in the fight for immigrant rights. North Carolina has about 650,000 Hispanic residents. Many entered the country illegally, helping the state's Hispanic population grow nearly 400 percent between 1990 and 2000, according to Census figures.

The state has the eighth-largest population of illegal immigrants in the nation, about 300,000, according to a report issued last month by the Pew Hispanic Center.
    We can stop giving away taxpayer monies and they will leave. Let them return home and come back when they apply legally.

The state economy will eventually suffer if lawmakers don't allow all students to earn degrees that lead to better-paying jobs, Hunt and Bernstein said. They also believe it is immoral to deny opportunities to children.

"We shouldn't penalize the children who are here," Hunt said. "They didn't come here of their own volition. Somebody brought them here. ... Those children are now North Carolina's children."
    The state is already suffering because they are here ILLEGALLY. If you enter the country ILLEGALLY then you should get punished. Isn’t that the reasons for having laws? Is it immoral to break the law?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Good Job William!! I ENJOYED IT tremendously. They will not outlast US because by 2007....I believe deportation will be in full swing and the children won't be here. They will be in their homeland building their lives there as they should. It is the only moral thing to do. This will allow them to grow up in their true culture, speak freely in their own language, be in their beloved homeland, and work with their fellow citizens to build a nice country.

William, keep this article because it demonstrates the scholarships of El Pueblo. TWO STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS! Wow, I am IMPRESSED with their "educational" charity, aren't you?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: ENJOY: Gheen, ALIPAC, Gov Hunt, El Pueblo, in-state tuit

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Feedback?

The state has the eighth-largest population of illegal immigrants in the nation, about 300,000, according to a report issued last month by the Pew Hispanic Center.

The state economy will eventually suffer if lawmakers don't allow all students to earn degrees that lead to better-paying jobs, Hunt and Bernstein said. They also believe it is immoral to deny opportunities to children.

"We shouldn't penalize the children who are here," Hunt said. "They didn't come here of their own volition. Somebody brought them here. ... Those children are now North Carolina's children."

For now, Bazan-Manson said El Pueblo will continue raising scholarship money to pay out-of-state tuition for two students. One of the scholarships is being underwritten by a legislator who fears the political fallout of supporting the tuition bill, she said.

"That's nothing," she said after the crowd applauded her group's announcement of the scholarships. "It's a great accomplishment, but it's also frustrating."

When will this Andrea Bazan-Manson whatsername give up? Certainly not while taxpayers are subsidizing her group El Pueblo at the tune of almost $400,000 per year (amount I heard quoted earlier this year on the Alipac website). This group also mentioned she is on the board of La Raza. Why am I not surprised!!! I'm very disgusted that El Pueblo receives this large amount of dollars of taxpayer money every year to promote racism for a specific nationality at the exclusion of others (and many of whom are breaking our laws sneaking across our borders illegally and sucking up much of our tax dollars to provide free benefits to illegal aliens and at the expense of US legal citizens including those who have legally immigrated here), all the while our North Carolina K-12 schools are suffering financial setbacks of staggering proportions. Just heard on a different forum on a different topic, NC teachers are worried about their dental benefits being cut. Of course, losing dental benefits are not nearly as scary as losing your job and some teachers are facing this major life setback. These are not the only school cuts - there are many, many more and some affecting our children's education and welfare, as well as the educational staffs' job benefits and security.

So, North Carolina has the 8th largest population of illegal hispanics. I'm not impressed nor doing any backflips over the fact. They need to go home to their countries and demand their leaders and rich elite provide them with the basics of life. This isn't anything to be proud of for NC or any other State (i.e., being overrun by hoards from poorer nations) and it just goes to show how US government at the federal level isn't promoting the welfare of legal US taxpaying citizens.

The article claims NC lawmakers and former Governor Hunt believe the NC economy will suffer and it is immoral to provide in-state tuition rates to illegal alien children. Who says? Certainly not the majority of the public as polls show. I made a very big mistake voting for Hunt during his elections since I used to vote almost a straight democratic party ticket. If Hunt ever runs for any office again, I will certainly not make the mistake of voting for him. Never! Never again!

As far as this quote in the article goes, "We shouldn't penalize the children who are here," Hunt said. "They didn't come here of their own volition. Somebody brought them here. ... Those children are now North Carolina's children." I only have this to say to Hunt and others of his ilk: My children shouldn't be penalized either as far as school or college education or any other opportunities go. They didn't come here either of their own volition, plus their parents were tax paying citizens of this State for at least ten years before our oldest started Kindergarten, as well as taxpayers (including property taxes) for many years after their enrollment in NC schools.

So - Hunt, Bason-Manson, et al, put these items in your pipes and smoke em well and quit your complaining and freeloading!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Re: ENJOY: Gheen, ALIPAC, Gov Hunt, El Pueblo, in-state tuit

[quote="noillegalimmigrationannie"][quote="ALIPAC"]Feedback?

The article claims NC lawmakers and former Governor Hunt believe the NC economy will suffer and it is immoral to provide in-state tuition rates to illegal alien children. Who says? Certainly not the majority of the public as polls show. I made a very big mistake voting for Hunt during his elections since I used to vote almost a straight democratic party ticket. If Hunt ever runs for any office again, I will certainly not make the mistake of voting for him. Never! Never again! quote]

Typo of mine I've caught early that nobody else has mentioned yet appears in the above quote of a quote. Where it says Hunt believes . . . it is immoral to provide in-state tuition" according the article I read and what I meant in my response is that he (Hunt) believes it is immoral to NOT PROVIDE in-state tuition to. . .
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

noillegalimmigrationannie--it was what we used to call a "freudian" slip on their part. IT IS IMMORAL TO PROVIDE IN-STATE TUITION TO FOREIGN NATIONALS. IN-STATE TUITION SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR CITIZENS.

This is what happens to "spinsters" isn't it? They start "tripping" over their own lies and deceptions.

GOOD CATCH noillegalimmigrationannie!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This article has been added to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article-533-thread-1-0.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Resident Requirements

If these same people would use the same energy and effort to help their fellow American citizens to reform and/or enforce our immigration laws, we would not even be having this discussion.

This bill does not address what is actually broke, and instead wants to foist even more tax burden on the average North Carolina citizen. Immigration visa, resident visa, Green Card, whatever you want to call it, is a necessary part of becoming a viable member of our nation, state and local community. It is the first step in the process of becoming a citizen of the United States. It must be initiated by an individual or parent and can take a considerable amount of time. It could take even longer than the college education this bill is supposed to be offering. Add to this complication, a parent can only file for a child if they are already here in the country legally.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm
    http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPReligibility.htm *edited to add this link

No matter how you slice this pie, it comes back to the parents of these young men and women who violated our laws to enter this country. The immorality here is denying a crime was committed when the parents of these young men and women brought their children here without going through the LEGAL process. Now, unfortunately, these parents have subjected their children to the ardous process of becoming legal residents of this country and state BEFORE they can take advantage of the opportunities offered to Citizens and LEGAL residents.

Former Governor Hunt, and Andrea Bazan-Manson should work to reform the process of becoming a legal residents. As this bill is written, and as it would be implemented, all the state stands to can is highly educated, illegal aliens who are still unemployable (legally) who may or may not ever receive legal resident visas or become U.S. citizens.

We can, and must, do better than this for our future generations.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin