Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Evangelical 'Dream Team' Feeds, Ministers to Child-Refugees

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Evangelical 'Dream Team' Feeds, Ministers to Child-Refugees

July 17, 2018

Image: Evangelical 'Dream Team' Feeds, Ministers to Child-Refugees

A dream team of evangelical superstars is rolling up their shirtsleeves to care for unaccompanied-minor children now seeking safe harbor in the United States – including some separated from their parents.

The group visited the sprawling 215-acre campus of the Youth for Tomorrow center Friday in Bristow, Virginia. It is a residential treatment center, or group home, caring for hundreds of unaccompanied minor children. The children are often sent to Bristow after being apprehended at the southern border, and the facility is one of the main care centers partnering with Health and Human Services to take care of the kids.

About 85 percent of the children who cross the border arrive unaccompanied by a parent. Generally, they are delivered by traffickers. Analysts say many of the children, most of whom are from Central America, faced a stark choice at home: They would have to either join the criminal gangs that run rampant in their native lands, or be targeted for violence. To escape violence and poverty, they fled to the United States.

The evangelical leaders toured the facility, then chipped right in to help. They served lunch, distribute clothing, and hand out supplies that were furnished through a $15,000 donation from the Plano, Texas-based Prestonwood Baptist Church.

Youth for Tomorrow is a program founded by former Washington Redskins coach and NASCAR team owner Joe Gibbs. The faith-based Christian organization provides medical care, education, counseling, emotional and psychological support, as well as food, clothing, and recreation. It helps unite children with family members and sponsors, and an on-site chapel hosts multiple weekly worship services.

Among the activities: Liberty University's soccer coach organized a clinic for the children. Duffle bags of toiletries, school supplies, and backpacks were handed out. The ministers even brought along a massive inflatable water park to given the children a much-needed respite from weightier concerns.

Among the participants were members of President Donald Trump's high-powered council of evangelical advisers, including Pastor Jack Graham, Pastor Jentezen Franklin, Rev. Johnnie Moore, Pastor Paula White, and Bishop Harry Jackson Jr.

The quality of the center in Virginia stands in sharp contrast to the "children in cages" image so many media outlets have presented. When each child arrives, he or she is seen by a clinician, given a psychological evaluation, and assigned a caseworker. They are also enrolled in classes and provided a school uniform.

"I'm blown away by the level of professional care of the staff at Youth for Tomorrow," says Rev. Graham, Prestonwood's pastor. "For them, caring for these children is a calling, not a job. We need to remember so many of the children have suffered trauma and abuse on their journey to our border, and they need us to show them love and compassion."

The evangelical council has expressed its opposition to separating children from their parents at the border, a policy that began under previous administrations and was halted by executive order June 20.

Rev. Johnnie Moore, a global champion of religious liberty who was recently appointed to the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, tells Newsmax that Trump's evangelical council has "clearly and publicly" expressed its opposition to separating children from parents at the border.

"We agree with the administration in that the only solution is comprehensive immigration reform," he adds, "which begins with a secure border which disincentives human trafficking and incentivizes people to seek asylum through legal means and legal points of entry. Comprehensive immigration reform would also address the bureaucratic challenges that make the process difficult for those who need it the most."

"What we saw today deserves to be celebrated, not criticized," Moore tells Newsmax. "The Trump administration, faith and community leaders have been working hand-in-hand, day-in and day-out, to provide compassionate care to these children. It is the best of America, and it was a beautiful privilege to serve them today. It is up to our political leaders to decide who can get into our country, but it's the responsibility of the church to serve those who do."

Evangelist Paula White, the senior pastor of Apopka, Florida-based New Destiny Christian Center, tells Newsmax that strong border security remains the key to ending the horrific practice of trafficking in children.

"Here's a fact: The Trump administration's commitment to strong borders is also a commitment to putting a stop to the human trafficking epidemic at our southern border," White said. "You wouldn't believe the stories of these children whose traffickers have exploited our open borders in order to fuel their mafia activity."

Often hailed as Trump's spiritual adviser, White says, while Christian love should be guiding light in nurturing the children who have already arrived, tough love should be practiced at the border to prevent further trafficking.

"The most compassionate thing we can do is enforce our immigration laws, strengthen the border, and prevent the smuggling of both people and drugs into our country," she says.

As the group was serving lunch they received an unexpected phone call – from first daughter Ivanka Trump.

After congratulating and thanking them for their efforts, Trump delivered an encouraging message: "If you need anything, call me. I'm only a phone call away."

In addition to serving food, the evangelical leaders helped set up playground equipment, passed out soccer balls, and then rushed off to their next destination – a similar facility in Miami where they ministered to more displaced children.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi GeorgiaPeach!! I missed you, and so glad to see you back. Hope all is well!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Hi GeorgiaPeach!! I missed you, and so glad to see you back. Hope all is well!!

Thank you Judy. Missed you as well.

Would request prayer.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 07-18-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nice article!! Nice people.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Are the members of President Donald Trump's high-powered council of evangelical advisers, all "open borders" ?

Pastor: Jeff Sessions is wrong

Erin Burnett Out Front
    Pastor Jentezen Franklin, a member of President Trump's evangelical advisory council, tells CNN's Erin Burnett that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is wrong to use Scripture to justify the practice of separating families at the border.
    Source: CNN

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/06/16/jeff-sessions-bible-jentezen-franklin-immigration-erin-intv.cnn/video/playlists/senator-jeff-sessions/
    Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 07-18-2018 at 12:50 AM.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Thank you Judy. Missed you as well.

Would request prayer.
    My prayers are with you, GeorgiaPeach. Your PM box is full.

Pro Trump And Pro DACA: An Evangelical Minister Shares His Views

LISTEN·6:02

February 11, 20184:55 PM ET
    Heard on All Things Considered

The deadline for Congress to address the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, is March 5. NPR's Michel Martin speaks to Rev. Johnnie Moore, a Trump advisor who is pro DACA.

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST:
    We're going to start the program today with an issue that is at the center of some of this country's most heated and emotional arguments right now. It finally gets the attention of Congress this week. We're talking about DACA, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that protects young immigrants who were brought here illegally as children. Lawmakers have until March 5 to come up with a plan for the more than 700,000 DACA recipients whose status has been in limbo since President Trump canceled the program last year. Tomorrow, the Senate will begin to tackle DACA and some hope this will pave the way for a broader agreement on immigration.
    But as the deadline for action has gotten closer and the debate has gotten more intense, we thought it would be interesting to talk with people who don't fit that stark partisan divide that we've been seeing. To that end, we called the Reverend Johnnie Moore. He's been a close adviser to President Trump since the campaign. News reports say he's visited the White House some 20 times since Mr. Trump took office, and he's pressing for a more, quote, unquote, "compassionate" approach on immigration. He's with us now from Los Angeles. Reverend Moore, thank you so much for speaking with us.
    JOHNNIE MOORE: Happy to be with you.

MARTIN: So evangelicals like yourself have been - I should say white evangelicals if you don't mind my putting a fine point on it - have been one of President Trump's strongest constituencies. But if - this seems to be an issue where there is some difference of opinion, at least when it comes to evangelical leaders. Do you think I have that right? Is that about right?

MOORE: I would actually say that, you know, on this particular issue, evangelicals, conservatives or progressives and everything in between, whatever their ethnicity or their denomination - we're pretty united on this front. And we're trying, I think, to demonstrate that. You know, in recent days, you know, the word evangelical has become a, you know, largely political term. But I think a lot of people fail to realize that actually it's our concern for people that brings a lot of us to the public square, whether we're conservative or progressive or wherever we fall. And this issue is Exhibit A of how we will raise our voice in unity across the aisle, and we're not going to let up until Congress does their job.

MARTIN: Well, last week, about 500 of your colleagues published a letter in The Washington Post urging the president to do a number of things - not to limit the number of refugees allowed in the country, to do something about DACA as we have discussed, and this is, I think, time to coincide with the faith breakfast - the National Prayer Breakfast that has become an annual event here. I don't think you signed that letter. Why is that?

MOORE: I didn't sign the letter because, you know, frankly, I didn't need to write an open letter. I've had plenty of opportunities to express my point of view and actually to express the point of view of a lot of people who signed that letter. You know, I think for those of us that are frequently sought-after advisers - and I want to say, you know, it's not us beating down the door of the White House. We're not lobbying anyone. It's that they're frequently asking us our opinion, and we've expressed our opinion on this issue.
    And I think that one clear example of the influence of that is the fact that to the great surprise of nearly every Republican in America and lots and lots of people on the right wing, you know, when the president engaged in this conversation a few weeks ago, he wasn't talking about 700,000 DACA recipients. He was - he nearly tripled the number of all those who qualify. And so again, you know, the White House, we feel like, is moving in a positive direction. It's Congress that needs the attention. They need the pressure. Here's the point, OK. We live in the United States. In the United States of America, we have an elected form of government. Our politicians aren't meant to be celebrities or to represent their point of view and be on the news every night. They are to do the job of the people.
    And half of America is saying, we need to pay attention to security, and half of America wants a much more liberal immigration policy. But everyone nearly - nearly every Republican, every Democrat, every faith leader I know - we all agree on DREAMers. Now it's the job of the Congress to sit down and do their job and say, we're representing lots of Americans with different points of view, so how can we reconcile this? And as part of that reconciliation process, one thing that must be included above everything else, and that is for these young people. They didn't break the law. Their parents broke the law for sure. You know, and this is a land of laws with a rule of law. But they didn't, and they deserve the compassion of this nation. And again, we're not going to let our voice stop screaming until Congress steps across the aisle, doesn't check their party at the door and tries to do something productive.

MARTIN: So do you think that you are having an influence - you and others who share your views on this issue are having an influence?

MOORE: I'm not the type of person that takes credit for things because you never know who else is in the conversation. But I am pretty confident that the faith community is showing the best of faith right now in a time period where all over - all around the world, we see a lot of the worst of religion and yet, you know, Democrats and Republicans, conservatives and progressives, evangelicals and all across the aisle and faith communities broad of all religions are on one wavelength on this issue. And I know we're making a difference. And I not only know because over the last year, I mean, I've had the opportunity to be on the front row in a lot of private conversations.
    And I can say this is something that we all ought to be celebrating - the change of opinion in the country. Now Congress needs to reflect that in legislation. We need righteousness and justice in this country. We need immigration policy that works. We can't have a haphazard rule of law here, where we enforce some laws and not others, and nobody knows, and it's everywhere and twisted up and all around. And we need abundant compassion. And the beautiful thing about this tragedy with the DREAMers is that at an incredibly divided time of America, it's brought a unique coalition to the table. And a lot of us are hopeful that this isn't the last thing that we work on together but just the first.

MARTIN: That's the Reverend Johnnie Moore. He was co-chair of the Trump campaign's Evangelical Advisory Committee. He is the CEO of KAIROS, a marketing firm based in Los Angeles. And we spoke to him there. Reverend Moore, thank you so much for speaking with us. I hope we'll talk again.

MOORE: Thanks for having me.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/11/58496...ares-his-views

Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 07-18-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Are the members of President Donald Trump's high-powered council of evangelical advisers, all "open borders" ?

Pastor: Jeff Sessions is wrong

Erin Burnett Out Front
    Pastor Jentezen Franklin, a member of President Trump's evangelical advisory council, tells CNN's Erin Burnett that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is wrong to use Scripture to justify the practice of separating families at the border.
    Source: CNN

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/06/16/jeff-sessions-bible-jentezen-franklin-immigration-erin-intv.cnn/video/playlists/senator-jeff-sessions/
    Yeah he probably was wrong to do that, need to keep the scriptures out of government, but the Pastor is more wrong. Sessions is right to want to fix this illegal immigration disaster, whether he can, we'll have to see. I think there are better ways to do it, but he's trying and that is the right thing. The Pastors need to go tend to their flocks, stay out of our government business, and take some of these efforts serving illegal aliens to the ghettos and poor areas of our country where they could use some new clothes, play gym equipment, toys, linens, food and some jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post

As the group was serving lunch they received an unexpected phone call – from first daughter Ivanka Trump.

After congratulating and thanking them for their efforts, Trump delivered an encouraging message: "If you need anything, call me. I'm only a phone call away."

Has anyone ever seen Ivanka speaking about the need for a Wall? or giving assistance to the victims of the illegal invaders?

I've warned for years about the church movement that supports illegal immigration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast