Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Even Pelosi is disappointed in Congress

Even Pelosi is disappointed in Congress

WASHINGTON - Add House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to the list of Americans who think Congress is doing a lousy job.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Hours after touting the Democratic-controlled Congress' achievements at a ceremony on the Capitol steps Thursday, Pelosi confessed that she would give the legislative body low marks if a pollster asked her.

"I know that Congress has low approval ratings," Pelosi, D-Calif., said at her weekly news conference. "I don't approve of Congress, because we haven't done anything that — we haven't been effective in ending the war in Iraq. And if you asked me in a phone call, as ardent a Democrat as I am, I would disapprove of Congress as well."

Not surprisingly, Pelosi said President Bush and his Republican allies are mostly to blame. She noted that Bush has vetoed Democratic-led efforts to wind down the war, expand a children's health program and broaden stem cell research.

In the October AP-Ipsos poll, Americans gave Congress a 22 percent approval rating, the lowest score since the poll began in late 2003.

Pelosi, who became speaker in January, found some rays of sunlight among the clouds. She cited a new Pew Research Center survey in which 44 percent of those polled said the Democratic Party can better manage the federal government, while 32 percent chose the Republican Party.

"I'm very proud of what we have done," Pelosi said. The key to boosting her party's image, she said, is "to get through the fog of war, because there is no question that the war in Iraq has eclipsed much of what we have done."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071101/ap_ ... s_pelosi_2
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nancy Pelosi is certainly a candidate for the worst speaker in history. She is sophomoric and condescending. I hope someone challengers her for the next term.