Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EVEN TEXAS HAS HAD ENOUGH

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?p ... e_ID=14259

March 2, 2007

Not long ago, George W. Bush was governor of Texas, praising the benefits to his state and this nation of immigrants, legal and illegal. He still does, but his political heirs in a state that has a 1,200-mile border with Mexico have embraced a slightly different view, says Investor's Business Daily.

Consider:

A recent report from the Pew Hispanic Center estimates that 1.4 million to 1.6 million illegal aliens reside in Texas, about 14 percent of the U.S. total.
    Another study, this one from the Lone Star Foundation in Austin, said illegal aliens drain $4.5 billion from the Texas economy, mostly in health care costs.
    As a result, a growing number of Texas politicians on both sides of the aisle are seeking, in the absence of what they perceive to be meaningful action from Washington, to put the brakes on what was once a relative trickle and is now a flood.

State Rep. Leo Berman (R-Tyler), is the author of one of more than two dozen proposals that target illegal immigration in Texas, proposals that amount to more stick and less carrot:

His bill would deny benefits to the children of illegal aliens who under the current interpretation of the 14th Amendment automatically become U.S. citizens.
    He noted that at Parkland Hospital in Dallas and the public hospital in Houston, 70 percent of babies are born to illegal aliens.
    In addition to health care costs, Texas schools paid more than $1.7 billion to educate illegal immigrants and the legal children of illegal immigrants in 2003-04, said the Federation for American Immigration Reform.
    Berman is not alone. Other bills would tax money that illegal immigrants wire abroad, require parents to verify legal residency before receiving state medical services and eliminate in-state tuition breaks for illegal immigrants.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good! I hope they can do something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was in Texas last year in June. We flew into San Antonio. ( Go see the Alamo! All true Americans will be brought to tears to here the story told at the actual battle ground as well as the other fights that led up to the Alamo .) Sorry for the ranting. Anyway, we drove to Corpus Cristie, then down to South Padre Island. Harlington, Brownsville and South Padre felt like Mexico. My husband and I were cussed at, heckeled, followed, harrased and pretty much let known we were in "their" country. The public beach at South Padre Island was a public bathing area. Third world country indeed. Lets take it back. " REMEMBER THE ALAMO!'

Welcome Leah

Leah, that sounds horrifiying!

To be harrassed and cussed at by foreigners in your own country is a cause to be infuriated!

I would right the politicians in Texas and the tourist board in Texas(just for satifaction) and the President. He should know that his citizens, remember us, are being verbally attacked with hostility AND threatened in TEXAS!

He better build that fence and enforce the law or he's going to have a war on his hand down in Texas. Oh, I forgot, THERE IS A WAR GOING ON!

This is our country, they are the invaders. Deport them all!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)