Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An expensive head of lettuce

About a month ago I got into an argument about illegal immigrants. One of the things this person said was, "You don't want them here but you sure like to buy your cheap lettuce." I wonder how much this accident is going to cost us taxpayers?

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2006/oct/28/busfelony/
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

If I remember correctly Lou Dobbs recently reported that a head of lettuce would only cost 10 cents more. That's FINE with me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd gladly pay a dollar more.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    If I remember correctly Lou Dobbs recently reported that a head of lettuce would only cost 10 cents more. That's FINE with me.
    Not according to DD, our resident illegal alien supporter.
    Be that as it may........you call it undocumented. I could give a rat's [Mod Edit]. I sometimes jaywalk......am I technically illegal? lmfao.

Anyway.....on to more important matters....our tax money.

Shall we discuss whether or not the laborer helps our economy? Would you like to paqy $6.00 for a head of lettuce?

Let me know at your earliest convenience.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&start=10

I've been waiting over six weeks now for her to back up that claim.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Well I have not seen a drop in prices on anything due to "cheaper labor". The quality of produce since CAFTA passed is getting worse and worse. I have also noticed the store shelves in different stores do not seem as well stocked as they have been in the past.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I could live without it myself! I did hear Lou say if they doubled the wages to pick it, would only cost a dime more.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I had a discussion with my daughters friends who said that illegals were here to make a better life for themselves. When I told them that when they get sick or have babies we pay for it as they have no insurance. I also mentioned once the baby is born they are entitled to welfare and illegals can get food stamps. This costs us tax payers and people with health coverage lots of money. I went on to say that many police officers actually give illegals a break as they feel sorry for them. Do you think they would give a @#*@ if one of us said that we lost our job and can't afford to pay our car insurance? You would get a ticket for it. That is also partly why our car insurance is so expensive. In fact one in 17 drivers in Broward County don't have a license or insurance and they have a minor invasion as Miami-Dade County. Unfortunately there are no stats on how many of them are illegals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd gladly pay a dollar more.
    You and me both ss.

BTW Welcome!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    I could live without it myself! I did hear Lou say if they doubled the wages to pick it, would only cost a dime more.
    I don't bring any lettuce in this house and I don't eat in restaurants anymore. Life goes on without letuce. This will continue until illegal aliens are outa here. Why don't a 100 million Americans join me?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Costs of lettuce

well, it's not just lettuce, spinach & strawberries the illegals are working in. How about poultry processing? The big food processors increase their profits and we pay maybe 20 cents more apound of which 12-15 cents a pound are PROFITS for big agriculture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast