Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Expert Says Mexican Pledge in Texas a Good Thing

Expert Says Mexican Pledge in Texas a Good Thing

Following an exclusive KTRH report on what really happened during a controversial elementary school assembly, one noted sociologist in Houston says there is nothing wrong with immersing kids in other cultures.

By Scott Braddock

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The assembly at Velasco Elementary in the Brazosport Independent School District was meant to teach children about Mexican Independence Day, according to district officials. The holiday is celebrated Sept. 16 to mark the day Mexico won independence from Spain.

Sam Williams, the school's longtime principal, has said, in hindsight, he would have done things “differently.” He has also apologized to anyone who may have been offended.

Rice University sociology professor Dr. Stephen Klineberg tells KTRH News that parents upset over a pledge of allegiance to the flag of Mexico shouldn’t be so angry. He says that in a “global community,” children should have a good understanding of all cultures.

In Texas, "it seems entirely appropriate to raise the Mexican flag and hear the way Mexicans pledge allegiance to their flag comparable to how Americans pledge to our flag," Klineberg said. "It seems to me enormously important to help our young Anglo kids learn an appreciation for the various cultures with which they'll be dealing in this global economy in the 21st Century," he said.

One woman, who didn’t want to be identified because her daughter is enrolled at Velasco, told KTRH "handing the Mexican flags to everybody and then having them say the pledge of allegiance (to it) just completely crossed the line.”

That mother and several other parents have told KTRH News that some of the children, but not all, at the assembly said the Mexican pledge. The Brazosport ISD maintains the students did not recite the pledge.

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/newsarchive.h ... le=1489367
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

As far as I'm concerned, this professor is from the open borders, globalist movement!!

I wonder how Mexico would react to holding such an exercise in a Mexican school on THE FOUTH OF JULY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLAGS, ANTHEM MUSIC AND HOT DOGS SERVED UP TO ALL!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why is it that they say it's so important for the Angelo students to know this? Americans come in all races and colors. I don't think there's any American, Angelo or other, that isn't aware of the fact that all countries have a flag and an Anthem. I mean people watch the Olympics and see when the nations flag is raised and the song played for whatever nation gets the gold in an event. Being aware is one thing but this is more than that. Do they have this event for all countries they study? No.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Rice University sociology professor Dr. Stephen Klineberg tells KTRH News that parents upset over a pledge of allegiance to the flag of Mexico shouldn’t be so angry. He says that in a “global community,” children should have a good understanding of all cultures.
    The words "global community" told me all I needed to know abut Dr. Stephen Klineberg.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh brother! I'm NOT AN EXPERT and I say you are full of it!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

What a fruitcake! And another sociologist, imagine that.

W

He says that in a “global community,” children should have a good understanding of all cultures.
    If living in a "global community" is so wonderful then why are they all too scared to tell the American citizens.

Listen Mr. Klineberg, I think you need to have your head examined. To think you are even evaluating situations affecting American school children sends a chill up my spine.

American children should learn to respect other countries and their people, their laws and their culture, but not at the expense of robbing them of their own right to have a sovereign country where people respect them, their laws and their culture.

We do not go to other countries and raise our flag and ask or demand that the people say the pledge of allegience to our flag. We expect the same respect to be given to us and to our children.....global economy or not.

And one more thing.....Mr. Klineberg. American parents will decide what they consider to be good or not good for our children, not Mexico and not people who are here because they have chosen to disregard and break our laws. Got it ?

dumb ass

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    The words "global community" told me all I needed to know abut Dr. Stephen Klineberg. :roll:[/Truth passes through 3 stages, first it is laughed at, then it is violently
    Opposed, then it is accepted as self evident.
    "...the big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart/ illegal is illegal, and America is not Part of Mexico, o - 12 Grade is to learn American Culture and to live in
    America, Speak English, Any Mexican or any other country taught in a ISD School in America Should be illegal and all funds refunded by said outlaw school to tax payers./ Learn what ever you want but not at American Tax payer expense.;

My goodness these globalists are everywhere. They hae penetrated every known institution in this country. They are in our schools, our government, in law enforcement, military, I mean everywhere. We are going to be in a long fight to get our country back from these people.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast