Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Experts call for common North America border

Well, does this leave any doubt what our government is doing? This is what Bush has been and is leading up to! "No indication that governments would act on the proposals"!!!
    Yeah, right...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=8522394

Tue May 17, 2005 06:48 PM ET

By Larry Fine

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The United States, Canada and Mexico should establish a common security perimeter to guard against terrorism in North America, a tri-national independent task force said in a report released on Tuesday.

The countries should police their borders together to help border trade, allow easier movement of citizens and to keep out potential security threats, the task force said at New York's Council on Foreign Relations.

"If our two borders, the one between Canada and the United States and the U.S. and Mexico, became a frontline for security the impact that would have on normal relations and economic relations would be profound," said co-chairman John Manley, a former Canadian deputy prime minister and minister of finance.

The task force was sponsored by private groups in each of the three countries including the U.S. Council on Foreign Relations, and there was no indication that governments would act on the proposals.

The report, titled "Building a North American Community," also called for free movement within the continent for citizens through a North American Border Pass with biometric identifiers and other measures to increase economic and military cooperation between the countries.

William Weld, a former Republican governor of Massachusetts, and Pedro Aspe, former finance minister of Mexico, were the other co-chairmen of the task force, comprised of over 20 experts from government, business and academia.

Manley contrasted the scrutiny of goods flowing between Canada and the United States with a lax attitude to imports arriving at shipping ports.

"As I told my one-time U.S. counterpart (U.S. Homeland Security chief) Tom Ridge once, 'You inspect a grain car entering the U.S. from Saskatchewan closer than you do container traffic coming into the United States from the Middle East.' And I think that's still the case."

Other recommendations included improving labor mobility, developing an energy strategy with greater emphasis on reducing harmful emissions and establishing an investment fund to build infrastructure to connect Mexico's poorer regions in the South to the market of the North.
    http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=8522394
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

No, No, and NO!!! times SIXX!!!Weld was liberal governor of the state that gave us Teddy (Jim Beam) Kennedy. This group "comprised of over 20 experts from government, business and academia", must be stopped. Experts? At what, destroying our nation? These people are a threat more ominuous than the one's we see.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Common North American Border

I don't get it. They want to make new borders? I guess they didn't know we already have borders, except illegals and some government representatives cant seem to find where they are located.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is being discussed under General Discussion

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-3237.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Borders are very profound cultural and societial boundries. In the case of Mexico and the United States, the differences are extreme and if you read the history of Mexico, you know they have a lot to be less than happy about. I won't suggest the United States is pure as snow... I will say the intent, and the ...announced.... intentions of the United States are very good compared to Mexico.

No. Not with Mexico. Something also tells me Canada does not want to be hooked to the US. We are doing fine when Congress is not on the mexican government payroll, and when they enforce the law. Lets clean up this mess, and make sure the dope doesn't arrive on mules from Mexico in the future.