Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When I lived in my old neighborhood, I tried Pizza Patron - once. It's very low-level pizza, aimed at the poor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't look now, but their website has changed. I'm comparing previous versions of their website using the internet archive wayback machine. I found their heavy-handed emphasis on being Hispanic to be odd considering my multi-hued community. The earlier version was my first aquaintance with them. That version made me wonder if they spoke English, accepted dollars, or even wanted my business.

Today under values: Our Values
    Our values are well-defined in our mission statement, “Service to community. Commitment to value.” These few words represent everything Pizza Patrón is about.

We want to provide great food at an exceptional value to every neighborhood we can. Our stores are clean, bright and cheerful. They are an asset to the neighborhood. We conduct business in an honest and professional way. Our store managers live in the very same area as the Pizza Patrón store they work in. We make great food and sell it at the lowest possible price.

Families throughout our trade area get to enjoy the pleasure of having someone else cook for them more often because of our commitment to legitimate value.

2006: Our Values
    Our values are well-defined in our mission statement, “Service to community. Commitment to value.” These few words represent everything Pizza Patrón is about.

To serve the Hispanic community is our passion. We want to provide great food at an exceptional value to every neighborhood we can. Our stores are clean, bright and cheerful. They are an asset to the neighborhood. We conduct business in an honest and professional way. Our store managers live in the very same area as the Pizza Patrón store they work in. We make great food and sell it at the lowest possible price.

Families throughout our trade area get to enjoy the pleasure of having someone else cook for them more often because of our commitment to legitimate value. We want to be part of the Hispanic community, not just sell to it.

Today, under History of Success: A History of Success
    The first Pizza Patrón store was opened on April 16th, 1986. It was in the Pleasant Grove section of Dallas, Texas. Although the store has moved one block since then, it is still open and serving great pizzas every single day. The success of that very first Pizza Patrón store led to another one two years later and then a third shortly after that.

Over the years, the look of our logo and the lobby of our stores have changed a little, but our passion and commitment remain the same. The Pizza Patrón family is still growing.

2006: The first Pizza Patrón store was opened on April 16th, 1986. It was in the Pleasant Grove section of Dallas, Texas. Although the store has moved one block since then, it is still open and serving great pizzas every single day. The success of that very first Pizza Patrón store led to another one two years later and then a third shortly after that.

Over the years, the look of our logo and the lobby of our stores have changed a little, but our passion and commitment remain the same. The Pizza Patrón family is still growing. We are on a mission to take our great pizza and our exceptional food value into every Hispanic community that we can.

Today, under franchising requirements: Requirements and Fees
    Our ideal franchise candidate is a highly motivated individual with a desire to sell great pizza and serve their community. It is not necessary to have food service experience in order to succeed. The right person utilizing our comprehensive training program and “operator-friendly” concept has all the tools needed to develop and maintain a flourishing business.

2006: Our ideal franchise candidate is a highly motivated individual with a desire to sell great pizza and serve the Hispanic community. It is not necessary to have food service experience in order to succeed. The right person utilizing our comprehensive training program and “operator-friendly” concept has all the tools needed to develop and maintain a flourishing business.

However, in the current FAQ they still have: Pizza Patrón Inc. is a unique and highly focused pizza concept which is leading the industry by locating exclusively in Hispanic communities. We have bilingual staffs and have been offering unheard-of food values for Hispanic families since 1986. Our commitment to service and our unprecedented value make us stand apart from all other pizza concepts.

Being bilingual might be a bona fide occupational qualification in certain instances, but if they are serious about expansion they might want to rethink this. If they want the upper class Black market of Denver, for example (yes, we have an African American community that is highly educated, well-heeled, and even politically powerful).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jim H. Johnson, director of the Urban Investment Strategies Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, said American companies will continue to market to Latinos, both legal and illegal, because they represent a growing population of buyers.

"Private sector companies have recognized what a very large market the Hispanic population constitutes in America and the huge consumer spending power that they have," he said.
    These businesses are unconsionable...simply pandering to whomever will give them a buck.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

It's a callous catering to a particular market segment. No way will Pizza Patron in its current incarnation be anything other than a cheap, low-end pizza.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12