Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fact: Illegal Aliens Fuel Healthcare Crisis In U.S.

Fact: Illegal Aliens Fuel Healthcare Crisis In U.S.
    Posted by Bernard
    Tuesday January 22, 2008 at 9:04 am

Richard Wolf, writing for U.S.A. Today ( http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-99589.html ), points to the fast-escalating health care costs in the United States owing to illegal aliens mining the system and arrives at this observation:

One thing is clear: Undocumented immigrants are driving up the number of people without health insurance. The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that 59% of the nation’s illegal immigrants are uninsured, compared with 25% of legal immigrants and 14% of U.S. citizens. Illegal immigrants represent about 15% of the nation’s 47 million uninsured people — and about 30% of the increase since 1980.
    Does it follow then that Democratic candidates vying for their party’s presidential nomination, in trumpeting their respective proposals for federally-sponsored, universal healthcare plans, are speaking largely to the welfare of people they intend to get on their party’s voter rosters via amnesty and a path to citizenship at a future date?

I think so.

One statement made by Richard Wolf that I’m not so sure squares with what we do know about the costs associated with the taxpayer-subsidized healthcare largess enjoyed by border-jumpers and visa over-stayers in this country is this:

Data on health care costs for illegal immigrants are sketchy because hospitals and community health centers don’t ask about patients’ legal status.
    Frank Laughter at Common Sense Junction, for example, published this excerpt from a news story on the impact of medical care for illegals at just one large hospital in Dallas, TX, ( http://www.commonsensejunction.com/archives/3036 ) from which I take the following:

A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That’s 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas.

According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million.
    Understand, Dear Readers, that the $75.3 million expended at Parkland came out of the pockets of American taxpayers and not just those in Dallas County!

Think that may be just an anomaly because Texas is a border state? Think again. Let’s take a look at a major East Coast city — Philadelphia. Here’s a post at Immigration Watchdog ( http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=4197 ), quoting from a story published at Philly.com, from which I quote:

[quote]Four city health systems provide care at no cost at Philadelphia health clinics. Undocumented women make up 60% to 65% of the nearly 3,000 prenatal patients treated at the city health clinics annually, Kate Maus, director of Maternal, Child and Family Health at the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, said, adding that eight years ago “all of [the patients] were insured.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I watched the Democratic Debates last night although I am not a Democrat. I was just curious. Hillery yelled at one point, "And I will not leave 15 million people" out of it or uninsured, or whatever she said. This statement was not targeted for further discussion. I could only wonder if the 15 million she was referring to were illegal aliens.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Well the one question she answered on illegal immigration was when Wolf asked her if illegals were covered under her health care plan her answer was NO...so much for a dicussion on illegal immigration, how pathetic is that!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Well the one question she answered on illegal immigration was when Wolf asked her if illegals were covered under her health care plan her answer was NO...so much for a dicussion on illegal immigration, how pathetic is that!!!
    Keep in mind that is only temporarily correct. ALL the Dems plan on pushing through "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" (amnesty) so all those IAs will soon become citizens (if the Dems have their way) and be covered!

See related post on the Dem debate:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-99659.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Keep in mind that is only temporarily correct. ALL the Dems plan on pushing through "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" (amnesty) so all those IAs will soon become citizens (if the Dems have their way) and be covered!

See related post on the Dem debate:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-99659.html
    Oh how well I know (Basically said by Edwards) and then we get to pay for 38 million more ! I am so excited I can not stand it, infact I have needed a blood pressure pill ever since the debate last night.....Where are Americans?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)