Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Failing CA School district gives 3wk Christmas break

The Santa Ana School district one of the CA's largest districts and one of the worst performing in the state, as well as not surprisingly mostly composed of anchor babies and children of illegal aliens, allows those students (since they are the majority) to take 3 weeks off at XMAS so they can go "vacation" back in Mexico.

California schools and districts that are underperforming shouldn't be allowing
    3 week vacations for any reason. The fact that the school district panders to the hundreds of thousands of Mexican families who could care less about their kids education and our laws is outrageous. In essence taxpayers are subsidizing not only the free K-12 education for this population but a taxpayer paid 3-week vacation (staff, teachers etc. are still paid during this time).

http://www.ocregister.com/news/school-d ... istmas-day

I wonder why Calif. is in the dumps. What a way to run a state ..

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    User comments
    We want our site to be a place where people discuss and debate ideas that foster stronger communities. We built this for you. Please take care of it. Tolerate broad thinking, but take action against obscene or hateful material. Make it a credible and safe place worth preserving and sharing.

charlievegas wrote:
    Cut the school district a break already. The school district, as long as it maintains such a high percentage of immigrants, will always have lower grades. ALWAYS It goes with the territory of its students being less immersed in the English language. It has nothing to do with a long winter break. (Wow, they seem to call it a Christmas break, thus offending nonChristians...pretty ballsy) In the end let's just see to it that the students are fluent in English, and not some ghetto slang. It'll be one less excuse for the racists to consider them as less American than others, and will allow them to better partake in American life.

And as for the sentiment about praying, they can pray. They just can't expect it to be school organized.
    1/4/2008 6:35 PM PST on OCRegister.com

propokerplayer wrote:
    public school in OC is a joke. the dynamics changed about 12-15 years ago. i really feel sorry for the teachers. your tax dollars hard at work!
    1/4/2008 10:21 AM PST on OCRegister.com

unleadedplease wrote:
    Before all you jerks start rambling off non-sense, check your facts. SAUSD starts the school year earlier than most, they start in Late August instead of the Thursday after Labor Day (ie. GGUSD) and they also end in mid-June, so they aren't getting a shorter 'than most' school year. As for MasterCylinder, are you just on here looking for stories where you can bag on Mexicans and Immigrants? I've read plenty of stories of other races/nationalities committing crimes and taking advantage of the system.
    1/4/2008 10:17 AM PST on OCRegister.com

ocguy101 wrote:
    So sorry to interupt your vacation so the kids can go to school. I guess that shows our priorities. Like moving the missed days of school to the beginning and ending of the school year is really productive. No learning is done on those days. Our latino community needs to cherish the free opportunity of schooling. Why are the Asians so far ahead of us in education, no reason we can't be as successful. I guess we would rather be working at burger king. Wake up people or we might as well send all the tech jobs to India and China. They seem to want it more.
    1/4/2008 10:15 AM PST on OCRegister.com

good2bx wrote:
    Wait a second! Why can't our children pray in school but be allowed 3 weeks off for a religious holiday? Does this make sense to anybody?
    1/4/2008 10:10 AM PST on OCRegister.com

faxinoc wrote:
    "The Christmas season should be about spending time with your family and appreciating everything you are blessed with," he said. "With this longer break, my family can do all that."

I agree. As a matter of fact, those families shouldn't be separated at all. I am all for family reunification and I believe that it is high time that the United States compassionately pursues the policy of reuniting these families. Permanently. In Mexico.
    1/4/2008 9:15 AM PST on OCRegister.com

sikkgrl wrote:
    Are you kidding me? The last school district in ALL of Orange County that should give their students additional time off is SAUSD. In light of standardized testing and CAHSEE SAUSD students need to be in school. These students have the lowest test scores throughout the county. Many are struggling with basic English skills...forget about math. Furthermore, didn't I just read in the Register that 2 zip codes in Santa Ana are amongst the poorest income earning throughout the county? Where are they getting their traveling money? Try ordering food at ANY drive thru where many of these students work or SAUSD dropouts work and I challenge you to get a correct order, quality service and many times just be able to communicate with these kids. What a tragedy.
    1/4/2008 8:24 AM PST on OCRegister.com

digitaldude wrote:
    After all is said and done, the special programs like sports, band, music, etc. are all about finding reasons for students to come to school, attend class and therefore provide a revenue source for the districts. Do people without children thing the districts pay for those activities? Just ask a parent that has to pay uniform fees and participation fees. Meanwhile the rest of us get taxed for it whether or not we are involved.

It's all about the money. Why not privatize the education system, deriving funding from those that actually use it? Grants and scholarships can still be provided by interested citizens and organizations for those without the necessary funds, while keeping the rest of us out of it. And non-residents of the US would have to pay for an education as would anyone else attending school, removing the incentive for families to cross the border for a free education. Maybe the governments of other countries would be prompted to educate their own residents instead of providing safe border crossing pamphlets? Then the families of present school students could spend 52 weeks visiting relatives instead of only 3 weeks.
    1/4/2008 5:00 AM PST on OCRegister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/news/school-d ... istmas-day
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)