Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Family of slain ICE Agent Jaime Zapata releases statement

Family of slain ICE Agent Jaime Zapata releases statement
    February 19, 2011 3:55 PM
    Special to the Herald

In response to this terrible tragedy, the Zapata Family has many people to thank who have provided critical support to us. Our extended family, loved ones, and friends have helped us cope with our grief.

I also want to thank our community, the City of Brownsville, the State of Texas, as well as the Department of Homeland Security.

We have also been overwhelmed by the support of law enforcement officers and agents, and the people of the United States of America during our great loss.

My brother, ICE Special Agent Jaime Jorge Zapata, was undeniably the best! His dedication to service and integrity was unparalleled. He was the life and soul of our family, and a joy to his friends and colleagues.

I hope that you will remember him in your prayers – as well as the other men and women who have served this great country, and paid the ultimate price so that we may live in freedom in a safer United States of America.

Jaime was a son, a brother, a boyfriend, and a caring, loving person. He grew up giving of himself and was always committed to doing the right thing. I firmly believe he is in heaven now, continuing to work for what is right.

Please also keep his fellow agent, Victor Avila Jr., who was traveling with him, and the Avila family in your prayers, as they continue coping with this tragedy.

God bless my Father, Mother, Jaimes’ girlfriend Stacy, my brothers - Carlos, Jose, William, and all of you here today. Thank you for your prayers and support.

- Amador Zapata

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/f ... iends.html

Banned
    R I P

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Deport all the drug users to Mexico!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rest in Peace, Agent Zapata.

and thank you for your service to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Our condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Agent Jamie Zapata.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why are they thanking the DHS?

It just seems they would have had more negative to say about the Federal government, DHS, the Federal government etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickydude

It just seems they would have had more negative to say about the Federal government, DHS, the Federal government etc etc
    My thoughts exactly I could and would in no way thank DHS OR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY DON'T DESERVE ANY THANKS. they have done nothing to be worthy of of a thank you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    Quote Originally Posted by onetrickydude

My thoughts exactly I could and would in no way thank DHS OR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY DON'T DESERVE ANY THANKS. they have done nothing to be worthy of of a thank you.
    I would think an offering of condolences and prayers to his family and friends would be more appropriate. It would appear that they have received critical support from those whom they have thanked.

What blows me away is the fact that our government seems to have no concern for the fact that our ICE agents and other agents aren't allowed to carry weapons in Mexico. Anyone representing the United States in the capacity of law enforcement or security should have the right to defend themselves. Especially in MEXICO! Those two ICE agents were there to work alongside Mexican law enforcement and obviously the Mexican government does not see fit to protect those agents either.