Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Under new rules announced by the Department of Homeland Security on Friday, employers will have 90 days to prove their workers are legal residents.
    We've caught them again.

They claim to need 90 days to prove that they are legal residents, but under the failed immigration bill, the government claimed they only needed 24 hours to do a background check and give them legal status.

Slightly inconsistent, wouldn't you say?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="GREGAGREATAMERICAN"]I think we can wait a few days on the robots.
    For now I would bet the farm that enough Americans can fill the jobs. Lets See, 30 days to get it right., “Americaâ€
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think prisoners could do it - I think there is automation to do it - I think Americans can do it.

If foreign workers are absolutely necessary - and that would have to be proven - then bring them in temporarily - not as 'guests' but as workers. Bring them in without families, for a specificed period, employers to be responsible for them and they go home at the end of their time.

Why is that so hard. They can come here and work a few months and leave their families home. Our government and others don't seem to have a problem sending Fathers or Mothers to Iraq - sometimes both.
    Yet they pretend it would be heinous to somehow allow only one parent to come here and work.

There are presently 8 Guest Worker programs!

I saw a spot on the news about non violent female prisoners working on a farm. Their pay went mostly to the prison and some of it was put aside for them for when they are released. Some of the women are even considering returning to the farm when they are released. I think it was in Colorado.

I understand that good migrant workers were often able to make 100-200 dollars per day. Paying these women only four dollars seems awfully cheap. So what are they going to do when they get out of prison--if they only make four dollars a day. Become hookers? The cost of doing anything now has become so probitively expensive. An awful lot of families are doing illegal thimgs to make ends meet, like having unreported income on the side--and hoping they never get caught.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

If foreign workers are absolutely necessary - and that would have to be proven - then bring them in temporarily - not as 'guests' but as workers. Bring them in without families, for a specificed period, employers to be responsible for them and they go home at the end of their time.
    .......and there is no requirement that they be Latino. There are millions around the world who have applied to emigrate. Our melting pot culture would be continued if immigrants from all countries are allowed an equal chance to a ’path to citizenship.'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12