Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

FBP announces support for Duncan Hunter's Border Plan

http://www.friendsoftheborderpatrol.com/PRDHBill.html

FBP announces support for Duncan Hunter's True Enforcement and Border Security Act of 2005

Comments by NBPC leaders against will of American people

Date of Release: November 9, 2005

Congressman Duncan Hunter, House Armed Services Committee Chairman introduced a bill on November 3, 2005 called the True Enforcement and Border Security Act of 2005.

This bill is a great step in the right direction. It does not just pay mere lip service when it comes to border security, and infrastructure, but actually does something about the problem and supports the will of the American people. Chairman Hunter, who has long been a leader in the fight to secure America's borders, has again come up with a proactive plan to do something about this problem.

Several publications have recently quoted TJ Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, Rich Pierce, Exec. Vice President of the NBPC, and Chris Bauder of the NBPC's Local 1613 (San Diego) who, though long supported by Chairman Hunter, each blasted the Congressman's bill provisions to provide a fence to protect our national borders. They state that building the fence serves no purpose, and suggested the Chairman focus on interior enforcement. This is the same thing that was stated to me back in April when they suggested FBP not conduct Border Watch, and instead focus on employers of illegal aliens.

Now FBP respects these gentlemen for their service to our nation as US Border Patrol agents. However, it is safe to say that their assessment is wrong, and reeks of a sell-out by these leaders against the millions of Americans across this nation who have continued to support the Border Patrol's agents in their battle with the Bush Administration. We want secure borders, and interior enforcement. We will never regain control of this national emergency without both.

This past July, Sheriff Lee Baca called on the Congress to finish the fence along our borders in order to protect the American people as the fence in San Diego was a joke. He also said we need a triple fence similar to what Israel has used to keep terrorists out of their nation, as a way to improve US National Security.

Therefore, FBP condemns the assessments of the NBPC's leadership as out of step with the will of the American people. These leaders appear more concerned with politics than supporting the will of the people. FBP was informed that Congressman Hunter's office fully detailed this legislation to the NBPC leadership and was not informed that the NBPC's leaders had no problems with the bill.

Many Americans stopped their lives and spent countless days, nights, and weekends to stand a post along our dangerous borders in support of the Border Patrol. There have been a number of statements that are derogatory against the American people for their border watches. FBP suggests that the members consider new leadership in their national council. Long-term incumbency has proven to be a problem in the political arena by leaving individuals too long in a position of leadership resulting in losing touch with the American people.

Fences may not stop smugglers from crossing our borders, but it is a deterrent. Smugglers would have to use tunnels, which they already do, or try pole-vaulting the triple fence. Chairman Hunter's other provisions will also serve as a deterrent such as increasing manpower across the board by adding USBP agents, detention center beds, immigration law prosecutors, judges, speeding up removal/deportation processes, reimbursement of costs, employer sanctions enforcement, alien smuggling/trafficking enforcement, etc.

This bill in fact does the following, which FBP has long called for including:

Border Security - through the triple fence built along the entire US border
    Visa Reform/Enforcement - by monitoring aliens who overstay their Visas
    State, Local, and Tribal Enforcement - to ensure enforcement of immigration laws along the border and within the interior of the United States
    Workplace Verification and Enforcement
    Overhauling, Streamlining Judicial Process and Implementing Fines/Penalties

As a result, Friends of the Border Patrol fully supports Chairman Duncan Hunter's True Enforcement and Border Security Act of 2005 and asks the American people to do the same. The only immigration reforms needed are those provided in this bill, which improves US National Security and public safety. This results in improving the quality of life for our citizens, legal resident immigrants, and guests known to be within our nation through the permission of the US Government. We call on the members of the NBPC to demand that your national leadership support this bill, which is a step in the right direction and consider that this bill, if fully implemented, has the support of the American people. Failure to do so would lead us all to question if the NBPC leadership has not sold out the American people in a backroom deal with the Bush Administration in order to maintain leadership positions financed by the membership.

Visit FriendsOfTheBorderPatrol.com for more information.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow !

Quote:
    This bill is a great step in the right direction. It does not just pay mere lip service when it comes to border security, and infrastructure, but actually does something about the problem and supports the will of the American people. Chairman Hunter, who has long been a leader in the fight to secure America's borders, has again come up with a proactive plan to do something about this problem.

This is a very unique concept to support the will of the American people !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I meant to post the transcript from Lou's show earlier this week where he interview Duncan Hunter. I will try to find it and post it. It was a good interview and his plan sounded like something we could support. Let me see if I can find it!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Here it is! I had to go all the way back to November 3rd. My eyes are BLURRED!!

While U.S. companies love our government's Visa program, illegal aliens love our broken borders. As we reported, only 75 miles of our 2,000 mile long border with Mexico is protected.

That means an astonishing 96 percent of our entire southern border has no barrier. My guest, next, wanted to change all of that.

Congressman Duncan Hunter wants to build a double-layer of fences along the border. And he joins us tonight from Capitol Hill.

Congressman, good to have you here. Two-thousand miles of border you want to protect it. How much do you think it's going to cost?

REP. DUNCAN HUNTER, (R), CALIFORNIA: Well Lou, we've actually built the double fence in San Diego, as you may know, and that 14 miles between the coastal hills and the Pacific Ocean were one time the nation's worst drug smuggling --

DOBBS: Smuggler's Gulch.

HUNTER: There it is, right there. It was the worst in the world. We built 12 miles of that, and nobody is able to get through that double layer with a border patrol road down the middle.

We can build this, we've had proposals from private companies for about a million bucks a mile. It may cost a little more than that in the tough geographic areas, but we think we can do it between $2 billion and $6 billion.

We're spending billions of dollars every year to handle this flow of illegals, especially the criminal aliens who are clogging up the court system. DOBBS: We can start look very specifically. You're the chairman of the very important House Armed Services Committee. What we're spending to protect this country, yet leaving our southern border and our northern border absolutely vulnerable. It is extraordinary, I think, to most people watching and listening to you, Congressman.

To find that we would not spend considerable money and effort to protect this country from what last year, three million people crossed that border illegally, to protect them from the potential of a terrorist entry.

HUNTER: Lou, you know, the world has changed. Lots of people, especially in Texas and New Mexico. When I started building the border fence in California, I asked those folks if they wanted to build fences and they said no, we want a friendly border.

The friendly border has now evolved into a border, No. 1 through which terrorists can come. We've caught North Koreans coming across, Communist Chinese.

DOBBS: In the past year?

HUNTER: Absolutely. In the past year, people from Yemen, lots of countries that sponsor terrorism, including Iran. So, it's no longer just an immigration issue. It's a national security issue, and I think we had a ton of Republicans sign onto this thing today, we're going to get this thing up and moving and I think we'll get it passed.

DOBBS: Let me ask you something, Congressman. Does the leadership of the House, the Republican leadership of the House, the Republican leadership of the Senate understand?

Do they look at same polls the rest of us do? I mean, the American people are fed up with this issue of illegal immigration. They're fed up with the fact we even have a Department of Homeland Security when we don't even protect our borders. Do they understand that?

HUNTER: Lou, the Republican leadership is on board with this thing. They pushed the legislation, as you know, behind Jim Sensenbrenner, that got Smuggler's Gulch closed. We had to hangup for six years on environmental issues and we now have a waiver for the entire border, north and south, where we can waive environmental issues, build the fences. Let's do it.

DOBBS: Quick test, Congressman. How soon can you get this legislation passed and how soon can you get it done?

HUNTER: I think we're going to get it done quickly, Lou. We got Smuggler's Gulch closed up fairly quickly. I think we'll get a -- it's got a lot of critical mass, I think we'll move it through very quickly.

DOBBS: This year?

HUNTER: I think so. That's my hope and we got the -- we got Smuggler's Gulch closed faster than I thought we would.

DOBBS: Fourteen miles down, 1,986 to go. Congressman.

HUNTER: Bring your pole vaulting team, Lou.

DOBBS: You got it. Thank you very much.

Appreciate it. Congressman Duncan Hunter.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

So high they can't get over it; so wide they can't get around it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And, so thick they can't get through it!!!

That should just about do it!