Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Federal authorities arrest 2 workers at Wal-Mart

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... 40346/1046

Article published Aug 4, 2006
    Federal authorities arrest two workers at Great Falls project
    By Tribune Staff

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested two men working in the Wal-Mart store early Wednesday.

The workers were employed by a subcontractor, Nationwide Restorations, which renovates Wal-Mart stores every five or six years, said store spokesman John Simley of Bentonville, Ark.

Simley said he didn't know the suspects' names. However, Cascade County regional jail Administrator Capt. Dan O'Fallon said that ICE agents booked Carlos Hernandez and Francisco Mendosa at the regional jail about 2 a.m. Wednesday on illegal entry charges.

A local spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement declined comment.

Restoration work was halted after the arrests, Simley said.

"It's our procedure to shut down a job site when something like this happens until the subcontractor can verify that they have done everything correctly in regard to work authorization verification," Simley said.

He added that he was unaware of similar problems involving Nationwide Restoration in other locations.

Last month, store manager Lance Lerud said the Great Falls Wal-Mart would be undergoing renovation work through the end of September, but that most of the work would be done at night when the store was less busy.

Assistant store manager Rob Munguia said work would resume Thursday night.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I thought Wally World had learned their lesson, but I guess not. They should be held personally responsible for the sub-contractors actions. I'll bet the sub-contractor wasn't even arrested.

We keep seeing these arrest of an illegal here and there, but what we aren't seeing is the arrest of those employing them - not in large number anyways. Go after the employers that are hiring these folks!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought Wally World had learned their lesson, but I guess not. They should be held personally responsible for the sub-contractors actions. I'll bet the sub-contractor wasn't even arrested.
    According to the law, everyone in the contract/sup-contract chain can be held responsible.

According to the law, everyone in the contract/sup-contract chain can be held responsible.
    Can you provide a citation for that? I've asked ICE about that very subject and per them only the person/corp. that does the hiring of the illegal has any legal vulnerability. If this is not the case, I'd love to be able to cite statute as a cudgel against my HOA in the hiring of our groundskeeping and renovation needs.
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

I thought ICE didn't have the manpower to go after just two illegal aliens? Could it be that they thought they could get some more money out of Wal-Mart?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

1 million illegals arrested in 4 months !!!!

I saw a report about President Truman rounding up over 1 million illegal immigrants in the 1940's. This was all done in 4 months time.
    Are we supposed to be impressed that 2 are arrested at WalMart?