Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feds: 'Don't Arrest Illegals'; Sheriff Arpaio: 'Yeah, Right!

The self-proclaimed "toughest sheriff in America" has never gotten so much resistance from the federal government.

The Homeland Security Department wants Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz., to stop arresting illegal immigrants whose only crime was crossing the U.S.-Mexico border without documents.

The thing is, Arpaio doesn't much care. "I'm not going to bend to the federal government, I'm going to do my job," he said. "I don't report to the federal government, I report to the people."

Shifting winds in Washington have led the Homeland Security Department to rework a federal program that has allowed Arpaio's deputies to make federal immigration arrests since February 2007.

It's not yet known whether Arpaio - who has 160 deputies and jail officers trained to make federal immigration arrests and speed up deportations - will sign the new deal. If he doesn't, the feds say he would lose his authority to make any federal immigration arrests.

The revamped program would require Arpaio to clear plans for immigration sweeps beforehand with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and coordinate with ICE before releasing information about such enforcement actions to the news media.

Those requirements don't sit well with the sheriff, who is known for his independence and well-oiled media operation.

Even as he considered whether to sign the deal, Arpaio launched a three-day immigration sweep east of metro Phoenix on July 24. Deputies arrested 74 people; 25 of them were illegal immigrants....

..more:
    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/arpa ... 42556.html

The thing is, Arpaio doesn't much care. "I'm not going to bend to the federal government, I'm going to do my job," he said. "I don't report to the federal government, I report to the people."
    This guy is incredible! I wish every town/city/county had someone like him. It is a shame that our “representativesâ€
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.

The Homeland Security Department wants Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz., to stop arresting illegal immigrants whose only crime was crossing the U.S.-Mexico border without documents.
    Honest to God! We have the Federal government asking law enforcement officials not to enforce the law of this land! It's almost too much to believe! Unfortuately, not every Sheriff across this country has the same determination as Sheriff Joe. in other words, they may be all to willing to comply with this directive.

House needs to be cleaned!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GO JOE!!!

Go to court and drag it out for YEARS!!!

Start a website for your Attorney Bill.

Patriots Love You Joe!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris