Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gogo wrote:

Were you aware of this?

Quote:
    A Page One story Tuesday about a new federal Medicaid requirement described imprecisely to whom the requirement applies. Under a provision of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, as of July 1 all US citizens who sign up for Medicaid or renew their benefits will have to provide documentation of their citizenship. Eligibility rules for legal immigrants have not changed.

No such proof is required now.
    The requirement was tucked into the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, which President Bush signed into law earlier this year.

This article was written in 2006

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/o ... ealthcare/
    Is it just government sloth that they are moving like an amoeba, or was this provision just one of those national security secrets that should not be broadcast?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    We have illegal aliens ignoring federal laws every day, why shouldn't the hospitals do the same thing once they're no longer reimbursed for them? Demand cash up front or don't take them on. Harsh? Not really, just sound business sense.
    I like this line of thinking. The hospital should put themselves first.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Illegal Alien Runs Up $1.5 million Hospital Bill then Sues

ILLEGAL ALIEN RUNS UP $1.5 MILLION HOSPITAL BILL THEN SUES THE HOSPITAL

Immigrants Facing Deportation by U.S. Hospitals

By DEBORAH SONTAG
    Published: August 3, 2008

JOLOMCÚ, Guatemala — High in the hills of Guatemala, shut inside the one-room house where he spends day and night on a twin bed beneath a seriously outdated calendar, Luis Alberto Jiménez has no idea of the legal battle that swirls around him in the lowlands of Florida.

Shooing away flies and beaming at the tiny, toothless elderly mother who is his sole caregiver, Mr. Jiménez, a knit cap pulled tightly on his head, remains cheerily oblivious that he has come to represent the collision of two deeply flawed American systems, immigration and health care.

Eight years ago, Mr. Jiménez, 35, an illegal immigrant working as a gardener in Stuart, Fla., suffered devastating injuries in a car crash with a drunken Floridian. A community hospital saved his life, twice, and, after failing to find a rehabilitation center willing to accept an uninsured patient, kept him as a ward for years at a cost of $1.5 million.

What happened next set the stage for a continuing legal battle with nationwide repercussions: Mr. Jiménez was deported — not by the federal government but by the hospital, Martin Memorial. After winning a state court order that would later be declared invalid, Martin Memorial leased an air ambulance for $30,000 and “forcibly returned him to his home country,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thats right, they broke the law to get into this country, but 2nd hand care and patient dumping is a problem? The same hospital that an American may go to for treatment may not be best, but its treatment. We should bring all illegal immigrants to the best hospitals and get the best treatment and then Americans pay for it, while an American has to go to a 2nd class hospital because the better one is full of illegals?
    America <div>Home of the free</div><div>Home of the brave</div><div>Home of 20 million illegal*alien villagers*and counting!*</div>

"You can't just put somebody on an airplane," said James Richardson, UMC's vice president and in-house counsel.
    Oh REALLY? Why not? I'd have much less a problem paying for a plane ride home than millions on thier healthcare! It's the least we could do!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Gogo wrote:

Were you aware of this?

Quote:
    A Page One story Tuesday about a new federal Medicaid requirement described imprecisely to whom the requirement applies. Under a provision of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, as of July 1 all US citizens who sign up for Medicaid or renew their benefits will have to provide documentation of their citizenship. Eligibility rules for legal immigrants have not changed.

No such proof is required now.
    The requirement was tucked into the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, which President Bush signed into law earlier this year.

This article was written in 2006

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/o ... ealthcare/
    Is it just government sloth that they are moving like an amoeba, or was this provision just one of those national security secrets that should not be broadcast?
    Yes, the lovely Deficit Reduction Act .. this law also takes $25 a year from child support cases .. PA takes that fee from whichever parent has the kids ... nice eh?
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

For example, childbirth is considered a life-threatening emergency
    Sorry....I was raised to stop making pregnancy an emergency or disease. Think they hospitalize Mexicans in Mexico for child birth?

I remember I wanted a home birth with a mid-wife.....but I had epilepisy and RH negative issues, so it wasn't recommended. I had mine, and sent forth hours later.....not days or weeks like my mom. Went totally natural as well. My youngest was barely over 4 lbs and a premie and they sent me home. Had her at 3.33 in the afternoon and they had me released that evening. My first I was at the chiropractors on the 2nd day and the old ladies in the waiting room were freaking that I was out so soon. They thought it was cruel and unusual punishment. LOL

My daughter had a sever reaction to yellow jacket stings and the insurance company said it didn't qualify as an "emergency". My mom was dying and hadn't eaten in days......wasn't sick enough to not be kicked out of a nursing home and they couldn't administer feeding tubes! Sent my dad home with one leg and no hopes or a way to get to a bathroom as well! And that didn't qualify as an emergency! But a cold will or pregnancy for an illegal. Emergency enough to qualify for neglect, but not enough for help. I don't care what the rules are.....just make them the same for everyone.

Should be interesting to see how may hospitals will shut down in the next few years......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast