Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FEDS: if BP agents want pardons, they have to ask personally

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:32 pm Post subject: FEDS: IF AGENTS want pardons, they must ask them selves Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
    http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_4881231

BEYOND BORDERS
    Agents told to ask for pardon themselves
    By Sara A. Carter, Staff Writer
    Article Launched: 12/21/2006 03:55:58 PM PST

In the first official response of any kind to several congressional letters sent on behalf of two former Border Patrol agents, the U.S. Department of Justice today recomended that the agents personally petition for a presidential pardon.

The Justice Department letter was one highlight of a midafternoon rally in Santa Ana for former agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean. At the rally, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-46th District) demanded that President Bush review the agents case and either pardon them or commute their sentences.

Losing everything
    The agents each were sentenced in October to more than a decade in prison for the non-fatal shooting of drug smuggler during a pursuit on the Texas-Mexico border in April 2005. Both men were fired from the Border Patrol following their convictions. Their case has garnered national attention, including two online petitions seeking a presidential pardon, one of which has 156,000 signatures, including 20,000 comments from Californians.

This is a definitive moment for President Bush's character, Rohrabacher said. We are not attacking the president. We are pleading with him to please give these people a holiday pardon. Compean, his wife Patty, and their three children attended today s press conference. Compean thanked people across the nation for their support since his case was made public.

The Justice Department letter acknowledges receipt of a Dec. 6 letter to the president from the congressman and several of his colleagues, then outlines what steps the agents should follow to pursue a presidential pardon.

As to the issue you raise of a Presidential pardon, should Messrs. Ramos and Compean wish to petition for clemency, they may contact the Office of the Pardon Attorney at the Department of Justice for further information on eligibility and procedures.

The letter is a watershed of sorts for the agents, who have had several different sets of congressmen send letters on their behalf to the president, with no response of any kind.

HIT THE LINK, there appear to be two VIDEOS to watch also

This is a huge slap in the face.

This is disgraceful to say the least. The DOJ and the White house knows most Americans demand their pardon. The will of the People, yet they mock us and now want these innocent men to come begging to them for pardon and mercy for simply doing their jobs and protecting us from the invasion of criminals that Bush ignores. For Shame!

If their was any justice in this country Bush and all his cronies would be behind bars begging us not to put a needle in their arms for their high treason. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm sick to death of the arrogance and heartless contempt this administration holds for the people they are suppose to serve. Bush and his administration are nothing, but a bunch of corporate gangsters in my book.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i wonder how the border patrol officers feel now.?
    beside the two we are making calls for, i mean the rest of those who are out there everyday trying to stop illegals and illegal drugs from entering this country.

they cant be thrilled

So Bush supports giving amnesty to masses of illegals, who knowingly break immigration laws, who knowingly break employment laws, who knowingly break tax laws, who knowingly steal people's identities to get jobs, or buy homes and cars, but two BP agents who were doing what they thought was their sworn duty, to protect Americans from the evils of drugs being smuggled into the country, get the shaft.

If you're an illegal and break the law, you get amnesty, but if you're a patriotic American trying to protect your country you get prison time. The U.S. attorney who prosecuted the agents actually gave the illegal alien drug smuggler full immunity to help prosecute the agents, knowing he had a long history of drug smuggling and connections to dangerous Mexican drug cartels. And of course the likes of La Raza and other groups are helping him to sue for millions for violation of his civil rights. So now it's a civil right to smuggle drugs into the country? This country is going insane.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

"I am going to teach the South American republics to elect good men."

Woodrow Wilson explaining his policy to British after
    ordering Marines to occupy the port of Veracruz to
    prevent German arms from reaching dictator General Huerta.

Too bad Bush doesn't read. The most powerful republic has to do a
    purge of its federal agents to appease the illegal alien lobby.

Why should the agents personally appeal? Is that the norm? I doubt it. Read where Bush pardoned quite a number of people recently. Did they all personally ask for a pardon? I doubt it.
    There should be a thorough investigation into this entire case especially regarding how our (?) government went into Mexico to seek out a drug smuggler who had been here illegally with his stash, our (?) government grants him a pardon if he will testify against our agents and now this criminal is sueing us too? What is happening? Twilight zone!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I knew this would happen and said so in another post about this. Still when I heard on the Lou Dobbs show, the white house agreed with the verdict in this case, I honest to God had to go vomit in the bathroom, I have nothing but contempt for my President and this administration, I am personally going to pray every night that he and this administration get their own payback. I have always been told that what goes around comes around, personally, I will pray for that! Bush has stacked the deck on us by placing Alberto Gonzales, and Michael Chertoff in charge of the Justice Dept, and our homeland security.I now believe that homeland security had nothing to do with terrorist, and everything to do with pushing Bush's agenda for globalization through. This is what he wants to be his legacy, no borders, the North American Union.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone, make the best of it, might be the last good one!

My heart goes out to these 2 Border Guards and their families, I really fear for their safety if they are sent to prison as I think it might be of benefit to a few in high places for these 2 men to just disappear as they present some embarrasment to this administration since their plight has came to the attention of the american people.
    Build the dam fence post haste!