Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feds Ignore Hospital’s Illegal Immigrant Reports

Feds Ignore Hospital’s Illegal Immigrant Reports

Judicial Watch Blog

A Florida hospital administrator whose facility is overwhelmed with the exorbitant cost of treating illegal immigrants told state lawmakers that federal authorities usually ignore when the hospital reports illegal immigrants.

Testifying before a state House committee, the frustrated Martin Memorial Medical Center official also told legislators that the hospital has spent more than a quarter of a million dollars to fight a lawsuit from an uninsured illegal immigrant returned to his native country after racking up a $1.5 million bill.

The lawsuit has further burdened the south Florida facility already overwhelmed with sick and uninsured illegal immigrants. It involves a Guatemalan Mayan farm worker who was hospitalized for 3 ½ years at the Stuart facility with severe brain injuries sustained in a car wash.

After receiving a judge’s permission, the hospital put him on a plane back to Guatemala in 2003 and it has been fighting a costly legal battle since. The case was appealed in 2006 and is still pending in south Florida’s Martin County. This means the hospital’s legal bills will continue mounting.

The facility has also spent a substantial amount of money treating a brain damaged illegal immigrant from Mexico for the past two years and officials estimate that half of the 2,170 births last year were to illegal immigrants. That, of course, means no insurance and no money to pay for the costly medical tab.

The recent House testimony got practically no media coverage and was attended by only a few people at the state capitol in Tallahassee. After all, Florida’s House Speaker, Marco Rubio, is an ardent defender of illegal immigrants who certainly doesn’t want to publicize the dark side of illegal immigration or the huge toll it’s having on his state.
    http://oneoldvet.com/?p=6826
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But wasn't the videotape of this same hearing posted on U Tube, where it is receiving wide viewing? The story about this was, I believe, posted here. Of course, this does not negate the fact that it did not receive the good local media coverage it deserved.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes it was posted here by AmericanMe:

Testimony of illegal alien care from 1 Florida hospital

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJxmJZXgNI

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-115581-tes ... a+hospital

It now has Views: 506,122
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

I've been sending that video to health care association links all over. I'm sure that there are more stories like that all over the country and that testimony has really hit home for a lot people...those Americans who don't have free access to healthcare and can't afford insurance, those that are getting substandard treatment, veterans, senior groups etc. It's touched a nerve.,.......imagine that America's working poor are paying taxes to subsidize emergency Medicaid for millions of illegal aliens when they show up at the ER. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    I've been sending that video to health care association links all over. I'm sure that there are more stories like that all over the country and that testimony has really hit home for a lot people...those Americans who don't have free access to healthcare and can't afford insurance, those that are getting substandard treatment, veterans, senior groups etc. It's touched a nerve.,.......imagine that America's working poor are paying taxes to subsidize emergency Medicaid for millions of illegal aliens when they show up at the ER. Nice.
    Another reason why health care costs are increasing.....costs are raised to try and recover portions given out in free care.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

I am more shocked that ICE has just ignored calls to deport this woman. Why can't we deport her to some hospital in Mexico of wherever. This sort of thing really outrages me. We are wasting tons of money these illegals and American citizens can't get decent healthcare on a par with an illegal. This has to stop.

The recent House testimony got practically no media coverage and was attended by only a few people at the state capitol in Tallahassee. After all, Florida’s House Speaker, Marco Rubio, is an ardent defender of illegal immigrants who certainly doesn’t want to publicize the dark side of illegal immigration or the huge toll it’s having on his state

Question: Did the HOSPITAL send out any press releases informing the media of the upcoming testimony?

Having done so may have been overlooked by them, but this is important to remember. No one else can be counted on to do this....especially if those being counted on are pro-illegal.

What about the influential members of Alipac who can contact Congressmen, Senators and Local reps making sure this video of the hearing gets in their hands? I think we need to circulate this video as widely as possible.

This hospital is toast. The ONLY way to get rid of indigent illegal aliens is by shutting down the Trauma and ICU units so that they must be moved somewhere else. I watched a 565 bed hospital reduce its staff and beds to ZERO to accomplish this. It is only when they have to shut down the hospitals in Washington D.C. will the corrupt politicians see the extent of the problem. Which I estimate in about 2 years.