LOUISVILLE, KY (WDRB) –

Federal agents seized more than a thousand pounds of marijuana, and hundreds of thousands of dollars, from an alleged Louisville drug trafficking ring.

The Department of Justice believes the five men involved may have ties to a Mexican drug cartel, and were distributing a massive amount of drugs throughout Kentucky.

Dan Gronefeld has operated a small car repair shop for the past year, and admits he hasn't paid much attention to his neighbors.

"Absolutely nothing," he said. "I mean, you know, maybe once a week you'd see a few cars come in. Maybe 15, 20 minutes they'd be here and then they were gone."

It was at the warehouse next door where investigators say Donte Pullum, Marcelo Carillo Jr., Ronald Well, and Jeffrey Driskell coordinated their trafficking ring. A fifth suspect, Detrick Houseal, is still on the loose. Authorities say the group brought in cocaine and marijuana from Arizona and Indianapolis, stored it several places, then distributed it throughout Kentucky.

"No, no,not of drugs. I thought maybe theft, storing stuff here. I never thought drugs," said Gronefeld.

Authorities say in addition to that warehouse, the suspects were also storing drugs and money in their homes, including one on Amboy Drive.

All told, the feds seized twelve hundred pounds of pot and nearly $700,000, as well as guns and a pickup truck from four different locations. Authorities say the suspects had been dealing in Kentucky since 2009.

According to a criminal complaint, the group had been under constant surveillance since July. Agents from the DEA and ATF even followed them on trips to Tennessee and Arizona, where they say they watched them make drug deals. They believe their source in Arizona may have ties to a Mexican drug cartel.

All five suspects are charged with possession with the intent to distribute, and if convicted, could face up to 40 years in prison. The ones in custody will all be arraigned within a month.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/15873511/feds ... louisville