Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feeling threatened by growth of U.S. residents in Mexico

Some of you may find some irony in this:

Not everyone is rolling out the welcome mat to Americans. Many Mexicans complain about the rapid growth of the American population in their neighborhoods, the threat they see to Mexican culture and language, and the possible drain on Mexico's inexpensive health care.

In San Miguel de Allende, the group Basta Ya is protesting the erosion of the language and the rising cost of living generated by the infusion of dollars into the local economy.

"They think Mexico, especially San Miguel de Allende, is an extension of their country," group member Arturo Morales Tirado said of the Americans who call San Miguel home. "It's not and won't be, no way."

Others are fuming over what they consider to be the privatization of beach land. Under Mexican law, beaches are federal land and are open to the public.

A group of women in Nayarit state routinely demonstrates against posh hotels, some of which assign armed guards to keep all but guests away.

"We're not against Americans," said Marielza Izurieta Valery, president of United Women for the Banderas Bay. "We're against big corporations, many of them from the United States, taking our beaches away."

Posted by Mizanur Rahman at March 3, 2009 02:03 PM

http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/arch ... reate.html

LOVE it! I have to say though, there are TONS of Canadians settling in Mexico also. The Canadian dollar goes very far down there. For years now there has been public outcries about the Canadian Senators ( appointed FOR LIFE!) spending the winters down there and being absentee voters in Parliment in Ottawa.

Guess they lump all Engish speaking " aliens" as American.

Oh, this is too funny. When we have twenty million Americans in Mexico drawing billions in cash from their government and their economy, depressing their wages even further, then I would take their complaints seriously. Until then, where there's an American, that is America. Be sure to translate all your documents into English.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very good!

Guess they lump all Engish speaking " aliens" as American.
    Is that racial profiling?

Until then, where there's an American, that is America. Be sure to translate all your documents into English.
    A group of women in Nayarit state routinely demonstrates against posh hotels, some of which assign armed guards to keep all but guests away.
    we do not even do that here in the USA
    Maybe we ought to now
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Besides what are they griping about . They can come here anytime free of charge and WORK for those BIG CORPORATIONS .All they have to do is show proof of ILLEGAL DOCUMENTATION!!!!!!!
    "We're not against Americans," said Marielza Izurieta Valery, president of United Women for the Banderas Bay. "We're against big corporations, many of them from the United States, taking our beaches away."
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

"They think Mexico, especially San Miguel de Allende, is an extension of their country," group member Arturo Morales Tirado said of the Americans who call San Miguel home. "It's not and won't be, no way."
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSTTTTTT!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Is this supposed to be satire? In any event, if they are pissed now just wait until the American Flags start flying down there. They will be ready to declare war on the United States!

Mexico is one of the most nationalistic countries on this planet! They would NEVER tolerate what we have been forced to endure by way of their illegal's invading this country!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Is this supposed to be satire? In any event, if they are pissed now just wait until the American Flags start flying down there. They will be ready to declare war on the United States!
    Especially if the Mexican flag is upside down and below the U.S. flag.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Oh, this is great! A little taste of their own medicine. Ha! Ha!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I hope Lou Dobbs reports on this!