Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Feinstein, senators urge Mexico to act against border tunnel

http://www.dailybulletin.com/search/ci_3610534

Feinstein, senators urge Mexico to act against border tunnels

Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

Sen. Dianne Feinstein and six other U.S. senators sent a formal letter to Mexico Wednesday urging them to enact legislation that would criminalize the construction or financing of border tunnels between the two nations.

Earlier this month, Feinstein, D-Calif., proposed similar legislation in the United States after the discovery of a tunnel in January that was more than eight football fields long. The tunnel was between Tijuana and San Diego.

Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., also signed onto the letter that was sent Wednesday to members of the Mexican Congress and Mexican President Vicente Fox.

The letter outlined the details of the U.S. Senate bill proposal and explained that legislation was a necessary part of national security for both nations.

The tunnel discovered in January could have been used to traffic drugs, humans, guns and even terrorists into the two countries, the letter said.

``It is our hope that Mexico would consider enacting similar legislation,'' the letter stated. ``Our countries must continue to work together to address this problem by discovering and shutting down those who build, finance or use border tunnels for illegal purposes.''

Forty tunnels and subterranean passages into the United States have been discovered since 2001.

The tunnels are typically built first to smuggle drugs, and quickly transition into passages for smuggling illegal aliens, according to Department of Homeland Security officials.

- Sara A. Carter, (909) 483-8552
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sen. Dianne Feinstein and six other U.S. senators sent a formal letter to Mexico Wednesday urging them to enact legislation that would criminalize the construction or financing of border tunnels between the two nations.
    HA HA HA HA That's funny! It makes as much sense as asking an aligator to babysit your toddlers so they won't get too close to the river! How do such lamebrains get to be Senators? That is the pertinent question.

I move that all candidates for higher office be required to take a basic intelligence test and that the results be made PUBLIC before they can get on the ballot.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

This is outrageous. Why don't they just get a bulldozer and a few truckloads of rocks for each one and go seal up the tunnels. It is stupid to start wasting time passing laws against something that any imbecile with a brain would know is illegal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Somehow I had the impression digging a tunnel is already illegal. If I started digging a tunnel and my local government found out I'm sure they would be all over me for violating some building and environmental laws. In California they have a fit if you cut brush away from your house for a fire break. Actually they get after if you cut it or don't cut it.

I agree this sounds like a useless law. They are already filling in the tunnels when they are discovered. Also it's obvious they are being used to break other laws they could be prosecuted for already. Just more feel good legislation to make us think our politicians are working for us. Oh I almost forgot our laws don't apply to illegal immigrants. They are the untouchables.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

These tunnel laws are aimed at Americans only.

There are a few reasons why (that i made up):

1. only Senators and superior people should be allowed to have bunkers, and tunnels.

Imagine if a senator was caught out in the open during a disaster, or a mushroom cloud. It would be unfair that ONE senator be exposed, while ANY common shmuck (you or I)enjoys protection.

2. Creating tunnels might interfere, or compromise the tunnel complexes already built to house our "leaders".Then our "leaders", might have to breath the same air as the common rabble.

There are more reasons for sure, besides these ones I just made up .

Watch how these new laws will expand, to include ANY tunnel, or bunker built in the U.S.

Because you could argue that ANY tunnel started in the U.S., could go toward the border.

p.s.

I bet there are tunnels ALREADY constructed (and growing) under Mexican embassies ,and consulates in this country.

They are needed to ease the import of:

1. pure heroin,( in diplomatic pouches),
    2. commandos
    3. AIDS-ridden, or other contagious individuals.
    4. Manpad ,heat seeking missiles.
    5. Small pox vials.

Since an embassy is considered to be the "soil of that country", The new laws should be able to be used to check on foreign embassies. BUt we know that will never happen.

-pa