Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

who was the last President to declare martial law and was it ever actually rescinded?
    I found this on that wikipedia site, I am not sure how reliable their info is. Something seems strange about Louisiana, or maybe Andrew Jackson imposed martial law illegally?

The us constitution states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

In1866, the Supreme Court of the United States held that martial law could not be instituted within the United States when its civilian courts are in operation.

In 1878, Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval. The National Guard is an exception, since unless federalized, they are under the control of state governors.

The Tennessee Constitution outlaws martial law within its jurisdiction. This may be a result of the experience of Tennessee residents and other Southerners during the period of military control by Union (Northern) forces of the US government after the American Civil War.

During World War II (1941 to 1944) what is now the State of Hawaii was held under martial law.

During the War of 1812, U.S. General Andrew Jackson imposed martial law in New Orleans, Louisiana after capturing the encampment of New Orleans from the British in the Battle of New Orleans.

Martial law was not declared in New Orleans in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina because no such term exists in Louisiana state law After encouragement from the Whitehouse, a "state of emergency" was declared.

I did not see it listed, but I am sure martial law was imposed in San Francisco in 1906 after the earthquake. I recall (from a documentary, I am not that old) that one man was shot for stealing a chicken. - Not 100% sure, but I think 3-5 men where also hung for assault and looting.

- As you can see, we do not really have a justifiable need for such a plan, maybe each state should follow Tennessee's example.

Apparently the Reagan administration issued a series of executive orders when he was considering invading Nicaragua, in case of "violent and widespread internal dissent or national opposition against a US military invasion abroad". They were never used. - But the orders still exist.

These actions seem rather excessive, did they really think that Nicaraguans would come running north and attack? - I do not buy it.

In 1985, President Reagan signed National Security Decision Directive 188, one of a series of directives that authorized continued planning for COG by a private parallel government.

The full facts and final contents of Reagan's national plan remain uncertain, in part because President Bush took the unprecedented step of sealing the Reagan presidential papers in November of 2001 via Executive Order 13233. The papers in question, some dealing with Reagan-era officials who now have high posts in the Bush administration, were to have been disclosed under the 1978 Presidential Records Act, which said that the documents could be restricted at the most for 12 years after Reagan left office.

- sealing records has got to stop.

And dont forget that thousands of peaceful protesters where forcibly detained at a Guantanamo style detention camp called "Pier 57" during the 2004 Republican National Convention.
    Democrat or Republican, they are all politicians.

There are many closed bases in TX. One is outside of Dallas in Grand Prairie. It was the Naval base until it merged with Carswell in Ft. W.

We've got some good fences around these old bases, now we need tents.
    Can you say Army Surplus???

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can you say Army Surplus???
    The question is, how do you feel about the possibility of you and your family being arrested and shipped off to one of these detention centers?

Do not kid yourself, these plans are not for "aliens". If the government was worried about them, they would do something about immigration.

Immigration is being used as a "Trojan horse".

1970 The US census categorized the population as "White, Negro or Black, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, American Indian, Hawaiian, Korean and other. - Note that Hispanics where not mentioned.

Since 1970, more than 30 million (legal and illegal) immigrants have settled in the U.S., representing more than one-third of all people ever to come to America.

Most of these have been Hispanics, they are not here by chance. They have come here as a direct result from such things as NAFTA. In 1989 it caused 6 million immigrants (actually "refugees") to flood across our border. Our government was aware of this and did nothing, they are also aware that NAFTA cost the US over $100 billion in its first 10 years and they have done nothing.

The news media and our politicians (and Bill Clinton) promote anti-American organizations such as La Raza and MEChA, claiming they are "Hispanic youth groups".

(the "Neo-Nazi National Alliance" was also a "youth group")

The reason that none of these are issues, is because they are intentions.
    Democrat or Republican, they are all politicians.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123