Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Fences make bad neighbors and even worse immigration policy

www.mysanantonio.com

Robert Seltzer: Fences make bad neighbors (and even worse immigration policy)

Web Posted: 12/04/2005 12:00 AM CST
    San Antonio Express-News

If your next-door neighbor offends you â€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WHY DON'T THEY GET IT?? IT's ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, STUPID!

"Immigrants bring to America the values of faith in God, love of family, hard work and the values that made us a great nation to begin with," President Bush said two years ago, when he called for changes in immigration laws.
    NOT THE LAWBREAKERS that we are TRYING to keep OUT!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

[quote]If your next-door neighbor offends you â€â€
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Perhaps, but do we have to turn the border into the 21st-century equivalent of postwar Berlin, with an ugly barrier separating "us" from "them"? The fence might keep out terrorists, but it would send a horrible signal to Mexico.
    Is this guy smoking something? Keeping out terrorists is what we want to do dufus! The fact that all illegals would be kept out is just a bonus. As for a fence being "ugly", maybe we could have a 2,000 mile miral for those north to enjoy; those south -well who cares!

No, it is an escape from the grinding poverty they face in their own countries, and as long as this nation remains their only hope, they will continue to stream into the United States, making the border as porous as the river that defines it.
    And why must this nation be their only hope? If all the illegals here now would "invade" their home countries as they've invaded the US, there would surely be sufficient numbers to overthrow the home governments who have oppressed them. Perhaps they could take responsibility for themselves instead of expecting taxpayers here to continue to substidize them.

Perhaps, but the groups wanting to erect a fence are not the only desperate players in this issue; so are those neighbors chasing a dream.
    NO DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

EXACTLY, Count. They take some MINISCULE problem and compare it with a problem of such HUGE PROPORTIONS that this country will NEVER recover from the effects of it.

And, if they want to mow their lawns at 6 AM, go for it. BUT, if they are playing their loud music at night, I will start setting off my burglar alarm and trying to OUT-NOISE THEM.

And, WHAT GOOD, may I ask, would a FENCE DO to lessen that noise?? That is just an outrageous comparison.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Does anyone here know something good to take for a REALLY bad headache? Just spent the past half hour banging my head on the desk after reading this. Seriously though, The more I read, the more angry I become. Not sure this is a good thing if all the studies of the effects of stress are correct. I realized a long time ago our fight is a monumental one. Articles like this one proves it. It's very easy to deduct many of these pro-immigrant (legal and illegal (H1B Visas) articles have to be backed by corporate interests. If we were to stop using products from corporations that support illegal immigrants or hires them, then we'd have to live as self sustaining pioneers. Nothing could be bought for the tentacles reach far and wide on this issue. Sorry if this post rambles, but like I said, I have a massive headache.

Dunk your head in ice water!! Before you take that the wrong way like one person I gave that advice to, it was a theory back years ago that migraine headaches, which are caused by vasodilation, could be cured by dunking your head in ice water which would cause vasoconstriction. The THEORY is a great one but who in the world could STAND THAT??!!!

Sorry you have it and, if this mess is giving it to you, I can only tell you it will get worse before it gets better!