Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

A few thoughts about compassion

A few thoughts about compassion
    By Burt Prelutsky

Most people would include compassion on the short list of human virtues. At one point, I would have been one of those people. But, no longer is that the case. Like so many other things, it has taken on a far different meaning in recent times.

In the past, compassion was extended to the elderly, the abused, the innocent and the infirm. But during the last few decades, it has become an entitlement demanded by members of various voting blocs. In short order, it has been transformed into political currency doled out by political hacks trolling for votes.

But as ridiculous as it is for, say, blacks to demand reparations from whites whose own ancestors weren’t even on the North American continent when slavery was abolished over 140 years ago, it’s even goofier when illegal aliens submit a list of demands.

One day, they’re asking for drivers licenses, voting rights and Social Security; the next, it’s free medical attention; the day after, it’s free schooling. They’ve given new meaning to chutzpah. But the truly bizarre aspect to it is that their selfish demands are so often catered to not only by spineless politicians, but by the public at large.

It’s bad enough that certain churches are offering sanctuary to illegal aliens, but a growing number of cities are following suit. Quite honestly, I don’t understand why those who spend so much time insisting on the separation of church and state when it’s a matter of Christmas trees and Jewish menorahs in public places don’t open their yaps when churches roll out the welcome mat to lawbreakers. And since when does the mayor of, for instance, Los Angeles, just one of the many cities whose social services and jails are being stretched to the limit, have the authority to ignore federal law?

Frankly, I’m sick and tired of pretending that foreigners -- be they Islamic terrorists or Mexican nationals -- are somehow entitled to constitutional safeguards, not to mention a grab-bag of goodies unavailable to law-abiding American taxpayers.

Recently, I received an e-mail from a kindred soul. She wrote: “Like a lot of folks, I have a job that requires I pass a random urine test. That’s not a problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my tax money to people who don’t have to pass a similar test. Why shouldn’t one have to pass a drug test in order to get a welfare check if I have to pass one in order to earn it for them?â€

I couldn't have said it better!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why aren't more people who think like this in office??

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

George Bush based his entire campaign on two words: "Compassionate Conservatism". I couldn't figure out what he meant ...it seemed so odd. Now we all know what those two words mean..."AMNESTY"!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    George Bush based his entire campaign on two words: "Compassionate Conservatism". I couldn't figure out what he meant ...it seemed so odd. Now we all know what those two words mean..."AMNESTY"!

Another Bushism that applies here: I'm a uniter; not a divider." He has created a schism in the country over this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Yea, when I heard him say that, I thought he was talking about supplying the working class citizens of this country more resources to (quote an old Republican cliche) "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." Boy, was I wrong.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another thought. The illegal alien foreigners demand but they never say thank you for all that they take or have taken. Instead they keep on demanding more. It never stops!

Great article. Teddy Kennedy uses the "compassion" argument every chance he gets. Every time I write or call him I talk to him about his 'mis-placed' compassion.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

[quote]Another thought. The illegal alien foreigners demand but they never say thank you for all that they take or have taken. Instead they keep on demanding more. It never stops!"

Yeah, and they are sucking the state of CA dry! Last I heard, illegals were costing our state 9 BILLION dollars a year. It's likely more than that now. I keep hearing how valuble they are to the economy and for some reason, the numbers aren't adding up!

As one who has always been compassionate, I now have a different perspective. I have come to the realization that compassion is something that must be earned and justified.

Too often, compassion has been used and abused for selfish personal gain by those who use manipulation and deception to take advantage of a kind heart. This is done without a modicum of remorse or humility.

The illegals have an insatiable appetite for entitlement that is constantly being reinforced by our greedy and corrupt government. Consequently, they will NEVER be appreciative of our generosity. They will NEVER be satisfied with the educational opportunities we have afforded them. They will NEVER feel compassion for the thousands of American citizens who are suffering due to stolen identities, or damaged and lost lives.

Lately, I frequently find myself shaking my head in utter disbelief at the audacity and arrogance so prevalent in the illegal alien population. It's unfathomable. Their hands will always be extended in receiving mode, never in giving mode. I, for one, am tired of giving to people who have no gratitude....only contempt.

Our country has been stolen, and we owe it to the thousands of brave Americans who have lost their lives defending this great nation, to TAKE OUR NATION BACK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast