Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fifteen years for man who struck wife with car (illegal)

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... orontoHome

Wed. Jan. 3 2007 1:42 PM ET
    Justice
    Fifteen years for man who struck wife with car

toronto.ctv.ca

A court sentenced a man to 15 years in prison for a horrific incident in which he ran over his estranged wife with her car, dragging her for at least 25 metres.

Calling it an act of "stark horror," Superior Court Justice Frances Kiteley handed down the sentence on Tuesday.

A publication ban was placed on the man's identity to protect his children.

On Oct. 28, 2005, an argument broke out between the woman and her estranged husband of eight years. Her children were in the car's backseat.

After the woman was struck in the face she tried to walk away. The man took the wheel of the car, striking the woman and then driving over her. She was dragged beneath the vehicle, resulting in several injuries.

The woman suffered broken ribs, a broken neck and pelvis. She lost her right ear and part of her scalp. Plus, she received severe facial injuries and burns and bruises to her legs.

Her internal injuries included a collapsed lung and lacerated liver and spleen.

The man, who is a 37-year-old illegal immigrant, apologized in court and said there was "no excuse" for his actions, the Toronto Star reported. He added that he "must be punished."

He pleaded guilty to attempted murder and threatening to kill his sister-in-law on Dec. 14, 2006.

15 yrs, 15 yrs, you've got to be kidding right? For this nightmarish murder, he only got 15 yrs? He should have got life without parole, her murder was almost as bad as the Byrd murder in Jasper TX. I guess if the perpetrator happens to be the husband, or boyfriend, he gets less time because I guess the wife is his property, is this about right? Ladies and Men, we should all protest this lenient sentence, this "man" will be out probably in less then 5 yrs! If I was her father, brother, uncle, I would be there waiting for this man to step out of prison!
    Build the dam fence post haste!