Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fiscal year 2010 sets record for Az border deaths

Fiscal 2010 sets record for Az border deaths

Border BoletÃ*n: Fiscal 2010 sets record for Az border deaths

Brady McCombs Arizona Daily Star
    Monday, October 4, 2010 2:19 pm

It's official: the recently-completed fiscal year 2010 set a record for the number of illegal border crossers recovered in Arizona's desert.

As part of my monthly work to keep our Border Death Database up-to-date, I just received the latest information from the Pima and Cochise County medical examiner's office. The totals show that in fiscal year 2010, there were 252 illegal border crossers found dead along Arizona's stretch of U.S.-Mexico border from New Mexico to Yuma County, the area covered by the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector.

That total breaks the record of 234 set in 2007.

Here are the number of bodies of illegal border crossers recovered in Arizona's desert from New Mexico to Yuma County, by fiscal year:

2002: 142

2003: 177

2004: 196

2005: 233

2006: 189

2007: 234

2008: 185

2009: 215

2010: 252

Source: Arizona Daily Star's Border Death Database, which compiles information from the Pima, Cochise and Yuma County medical examiners in an effort to present an accurate tally of the numbers of people who die crossing into the United States illegally through Southern Arizona. The Pima County Medical Examiner's Office handles bodies found in Santa Cruz and Pinal Counties as well.

Fiscal year runs Oct. 1 - Sept. 30.

As I wrote about in August, nearly 2,000 illegal border crossers have died trying to cross Arizona's stretch of international border since 2001.

----------
    Note: The above totals do not include border deaths from the Yuma County Medical Examiner's Office. I ran the numbers without Yuma because that county is a different Border Patrol Sector. This way, you can compare the medical examiner data to the Border Patrol's.

If you include the border deaths from Yuma, 2005 remains the record year with 259. That year, Yuma handled the bodies of 26 illegal border crossers. Yuma hasn't had a border death in nearly two years.

Another note: The yearly totals on our Border Death Database are by calendar year.

http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/border- ... 002e0.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Again,, right in my back-yard...

What I find facinating about our 2010 record, is that they're always telling us that the number of people crossing has fallen way off in recent years. Logic tells me that you don't have fewer people illegally crossing but the greatest number dead than all previous years.

Now that the latest numbers are out, I awaiting the local media getting comments from "No Moee Deaths," Isabel Garcia and Derechos. Humanos." I' m sure they'll be whaling and holding public demonstrations any day now...
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

All of these deaths were preventable, just stop violating our immigration laws and stay in your own country.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn