Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FL: Anti-Immigration Song Offends People At Police Banquet

Can someone find this song?
    ~~~~~~~~~

Anti-Immigration Song Offends People At Police Banquet

POSTED: 8:14 am EDT May 11, 2007

PLANT CITY, Fla. -- A song called "Press One for English" offended many audience members, including elected officials, at a law enforcement awards banquet in Plant City.

Hillsborough County Commissioner Kevin White said the song's lyrics contained anti-immigrant themes and urged non-English speakers to leave the United States.

The song was performed by a Kentucky-based husband and wife duet called The Rivoli Revue. They were hired as entertainment for Tuesday's East Hillsborough Law Enforcement Appreciation Dinner.

Doug Gibbs, the treasurer of the committee that organized the dinner, said he's sorry that the performance overshadowed a worthy cause.

"We are sorry that we offended some of the people by their song. I can honestly say I did not hear that song. From what I understand, it was inappropriate," Gibbs said.

The Rivoli Revue could not be reached.

http://www.wftv.com/irresistible/13300968/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

John Wayne says it best....

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gee,
    sure would like to hear that song see if it's as good as
    So Long ,
    Texas
    Hello, Mexico!
    http://www.texasreddirtmusic.com/slthm.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We are sorry that we offended some of the people by their song. I can honestly say I did not hear that song. From what I understand, it was inappropriate," Gibbs said
    Come on folks, grow some thicker skin! It offends Americans that illegals are here illegally demanding for rights they didn't earn. It offends Americans to see the mexican flag being waved in our streets.
    It offends Americans that illegals call us racist xenophoboes and other names simply because we want our laws enforced.
    Gag me with a bueno taco...
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I found their website and I'm attempting to make contact or find us a copy to determine if this song is any good or something we would support.

http://rivolirevue.com/

W

Racist song performed at police dinner

By: Janie Porter

Plant City, Florida – At least 2 people walked out of the 45th annual East Hillsborough Law Enforcement Appreciation dinner in Plant City Tuesday right after the hired entertainment performed their first song.

“The song was entitled, ‘Press 1 For English,’â€

Well if the song is making fun of the fact that people are not assimilating and learning English, and that Americans should not be asked to "press 1 for English" than we could support it. It's a legal form of protest. If it's making a laughing stock of our immigration laws which would be in order, we could support it. If it's expressing the fact that Americans are totally fed up with people breaking our laws and failing to assimilate, we could support it.

But this article calls it "anti-immigrant" and if it is we couldn't and wouldn't want to support it.

I guess we'll just have to hear it in order to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Racist song performed at police dinner
    Are non-english speakers a new race of people? Suppose there might be something else in the song, but I did hear it and the article didnt say what it was...
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

The hell with these politically corect wimps. If this is all it takes to get their bloomers in a knot they need some serious psycholigical counseling. It's these types of wussies that are in elected office (due to voter apathy) and they cause 99% of our problems. We need to elect STRONG AMERICANS to lead us.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

UPDATE 4/15/2007

I just got off the phone with Kay Rivoli. She sent me a copy of the song and the lyrics.

Anyone that thinks this song is racist is a blooming idiot that will be laughed out of town!

We know that close to 90% of Americans would agree with the messages in this song.

I am working with the artist to get you a link where you can listen to the song or watch a video. When our schedules settle down, we may help them promote and distribute this song like we did for Johnny Tex and the Texicans, if you like the song like I do that is.

---

“Press One For Englishâ€

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast