Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

FL- Charges dropped in 42 cent theft

Charges dropped in 42 cent theft
    Posted by Mike Aquilia 2 hrs ago
    Read Comments Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

Naples - A councilman reacts to an arrest made by Naples Police that continues to generate national attention.

A Bonita Springs man accused of stealing 42 cents from a mall fountain went to jail last Monday, and that's where he remained Friday.

Until at least one city official said enough is enough, publicly criticizing the Naples Police Department, calling the arrest a "ridiculous waste of time."

Late Friday, the State Attorney's Office dropped the petit theft charges against the man, 43-year-old Laszlo Mujzer. The notice not to pursue further judicial action was filed with the Clerk of Courts and sent to the Collier County Jail Friday afternoon.

But the arrest has Naples City Councilman Bill Willkomm up in arms.

"I have been racking my mind and I cannot remember a dumber, more bone-head move by a police department for years," Willkomm said.

It's the splash heard across the country: a Bonita Springs man accused of stealing 42 cents from a fountain at Coastland Center Mall goes to jail.

"It's, to me, a glaring example of a lack of common sense and responsible use of authority," Willkomm said.

And while this penny-grabbing story continues to grab national headlines, this Naples councilman is fed up.

"They're trying to sell to the public a load of bull cookies as chocolate chips."

That's Willkomm's reaction to the police department's explanation of the arrest in a newspaper article.

"I firmly believe if the police department continues its attempt to justify their position in a couple of days, we'll find out that he's Osama Bin Laden in disguise."

Willkomm says it doesn't make sense to jail someone over 42 cents when it will cost hundreds, if not thousands, to take the charge to court.

"The arrest was a ridiculous waste of time and a totally bonehead move on the police department's part."

Mujzer is an immigrant from Hungary. His bond is set at $500, but the Collier County Sheriff's Office says he's got a hold from immigration officials.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/c ... 0&catid=82
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A thief is a thief and a crime is a crime.There is no way I would consider taking money from a fountain,why ? Because it is a crime to take things that do not belong to you.These people need to learn our laws before they get here.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

"It's, to me, a glaring example of a lack of common sense and responsible use of authority," Willkomm said.
    Well, to me, it's a glaring example of the LACK OF RESPECT for other people exhibited by illegals hailing from many countries!

Mujzer is an immigrant from Hungary. His bond is set at $500, but the Collier County Sheriff's Office says he's got a hold from immigration officials.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008