Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FL:Store Employees Catch 2 Argentinean Suspected Thieves

Dillard's employees chase suspected shoplifters at Indian River Mall

Wednesday, December 3, 2008
    Sergio Rodriguez

Dillard's employees chased down a pair of shoplifters Monday who tried stealing more than $1,800 in clothing from the store in the Indian River Mall, according to the Indian River County Sheriff's Office.

Eduardo Alberto Lopez, 52, of Orlando, and Sergio Felipe Rodriguez, 20, of Grand Island, Neb., were charged with retail theft, resisting a merchant and possession of anti-shoplifting or inventory control device. The suspects, both Argentineans, are being held at the Indian River County Jail in lieu of $13,000 bail each and are being held for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Store employees said both men were in Dillard's at 2:53 p.m. Monday and were trying to leave after putting several articles of clothing in their bags, but not paying for them. Lopez and Rodriguez each fled into the parking lot, but were stopped by the store employees, the Sheriff's Office said. A deputy found the suspects' vehicle and discovered inside other stolen property and a tool commonly used to remove theft detectors from store merchandise, the reports said.

staff report

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/dec/03/ ... _headlines
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I went to the link and saw they have an ICE hold on them. As Rodriquez and Lopez are not common surnames in Argentina, I'd be curious to know if they are using stolen ID.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I went to the link and saw they have an ICE hold on them. As Rodriquez and Lopez are not common surnames in Argentina, I'd be curious to know if they are using stolen ID.
    Wouldn't surprize me a bit to find out these IDs aren't real.

It says in the story, posted in full above, that the two "...are being held for Immigration and Customs Enforcement."