Like Tree3Likes

Thread: FLASHBACK: SCHUMER ADMITS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS DRIVE DOWN AMERICANS' WAGES

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FLASHBACK: SCHUMER ADMITS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS DRIVE DOWN AMERICANS' WAGES

FLASHBACK: SCHUMER ADMITS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS DRIVE DOWN AMERICANS' WAGES

by MATTHEW BOYLE
    15 Aug 2013

In an April appearance on ABC News’ This Week, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) admitted that illegal immigrants hurt American workers, pulling their wages down.

“First of all, it's very logical, right now, who's pulling down wage rates?” Schumer said, in response to pressure from Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL).

“Illegal people who cross the border and will work because they're illegal and have no protections for much less than Americans will work for.”

Schumer’s admission that illegal aliens hurt wage rates is not likely to bode well for the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), whose Secretary-Treasurer Eliseo Medina admitted his union unashamedly has illegal aliens as members during an interview with Breitbart News’ Lee Stranahan in Bakersfield, CA, this week.

Medina’s and Schumer’s admissions are stunning when placed together, as they suggest the left cares less about American workers and more about securing future voters.

Later in that segment on, Schumer argued that passing the Senate “Gang of Eight” bill would help increase wages. Schumer cited Doug Holtz-Eakin, an economist on the payroll of hotelier Fred Malek who has been advocating for the passage of the bill.

Sen. Sessions, on the other hand, argues that this type of bill would devastate American workers’ wages even more than illegal immigration currently does.

“Well, it's logical that if you bring in a massive supply of low-wage workers, you're going to pull the workers down,” Sessions said on that show.

Medina's end-game, as he said in 2009, is for the "progressive community" to turn those millions of illegal aliens into a "governing coalition" of "voters" for the far left-wing of the Democratic Party.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-workers-wages

Medina's end-game, as he said in 2009, is for the "progressive community" to turn those millions of illegal aliens into a "governing coalition" of "voters" for the far left-wing of the Democratic Party.
    Well, duh......which will mean the end of the Republican Party.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Well, duh......which will mean the end of the Republican Party.
    I do fear that current Republican congresspeople will sell out not only American jobs but also future Republican congressional hopefuls, to appease big donors. The name of the game is Money Talks. Lots of big money on the cheap, docile labor side.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fari trade, not free trade

A

Jxxxxxx,

I’m going to tell you something very personal: Just last week, my father finally became a citizen of the United States after almost 30 years of waiting.

My parents brought me to the United States when I was 13 months old to escape economic hardship and war in Colombia. I grew up in Dallas and my favorite foods were pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and empanadas. My parents worked hard to put me through school, and I was proud to be the first person in my family to graduate from college.

America is the only home I have ever known. And it’s my family’s home. I’ve been waiting for most of my life to be a full citizen of this country. In a few years, my dream will become a reality. But it’s come at a price. In order for me to be eligible for a green card, my mother had to wait to apply for her citizenship, and the decades of waiting in limbo caused obstacles and hardship for my family.

]It shouldn’t be so hard. Creating a commonsense immigration process isn’t just a policy proposal. It’s real life for me, my parents and the 11 million brave aspiring citizens who come to this country because all people have rights, no matter what they look like or where they come from. Will you pledge to win a road map to citizenship for all of us

My mom always used to say that our family would become citizens “si Dios quiere,” or “if God wants.” My parents didn’t try to jump any line, or ask for anything other than a chance to work hard and make a better life for us. And I’ve worked hard as a student and as a worker in this country, doing everything I can to be eligible for citizenship status. I’m lucky my dream is almost a reality, but for millions of working families today, a roadmap to citizenship simply doesn’t exist.

That’s why I need you to join in this fight. You probably know what it’s like to work hard and still have trouble getting ahead, or to pick up and move somewhere new to make your life better for your family. The promise of American isn’t just for some of us-- it’s for everyone, regardless of status, regardless of where your family is from, regardless of how long you’ve been here.

I’m working to build a voice for all working families--regardless of their status--here at the AFL-CIO. I’m fighting for me, for my parents, and for every worker who believes that they should have a voice on the job and the ability to stand up to management and corporations who want to take away our rights as workers. And I’m proud to work for labor, which was built on the backs of immigrants.

Sign your name to our pledge to win citizenship for all:

In solidarity,

Jennifer
    ---
    Jennifer Angarita
    National Worker Center Coordinator, AFL-CIO
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn