Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The fleeting charm of free trade

http://www.thestar.com

Sep. 12, 2005. 01:00 AM
    The fleeting charm of free trade

CAROL GOAR

The signs are scattered and tentative. But it's beginning to look as if American-style free trade is going out of style.

No one is about to boycott the United States or stop selling into its massive market.

But the appeal of bilateral and regional trade pacts â€â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

You know I read an article like this, particularly the parts showing how our American officials react to dissent from other nations, and I realize why so many people hate us. It's all about money money money and we don't care any more who we trample in the process. It's almost like America doesn't have a soul anymore.

And of course the globialists are after money and with mass amounts of money comes power. They are greedy beyond beilf. Americ, "We the People� have a soul. Many of those who have been elected do not.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Canada

When Canadians throw up their hands and decide they will no longer negotiate over a dispute, then you KNOW "free trade" is DEAD. Canadians are a reasonable people and keep others points of view foremost in their heads. When they turn, it will mark the day.

More commerce and goods(dollar value) crosses the Detroit/Windsor bridge than any Country we trade with. Don't believe it? Look it up.

So you ask yourself how can Canada afford to do this? The answer is they can't, but they WILL! I have talked to Canadians and asked them what is to become of them when their economy tanks? Right down to the lower middle class elements they say we were poor before and here we are. They simply tighten their belts, live for their families, and get by. Plus we have health care they say.

They outlive Americans by 2 years. Still think we have the best healthcare system?

The trade actions coming by Canada is the canary in the coal mine America!

Hack away at ore America, but the canary, she's DEAD! cheers glenn

This is very good news. I hope it sinks the FTAA for good.

Not only is Chavez saying No Deal America, but Canada wants out of NAFTA. I hope their mind can't be changed by Mr. Danger. (Chavez's nickname for Bush).

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    showing how our American officials react to dissent from other nations, and I realize why so many people hate us. It's all about money money money and we don't care any more who we trample in the process. It's almost like America doesn't have a soul anymore.
    You know what is FUBAR, we are thrown into this boat. That is why the trade center happened, and look at all the innocent lives lost to the corruption inside our government. Are you willing to take a plane in your arse for booshie trade agreements, just for the simple fact you are an American? I am not! These politicians do not represent the American people, our best interest, or what is good for the people! They represent CORPORATE AMERICA, in country and abroad.

But you know what, we all will keep dieing for them till we say NO MORE!
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME