Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flor Crisostomo, Undocumented Immigrant, Leaving Church Sanc

Flor, who followed Elvira, and moved into that storefront church in Chicago is moving out. The article says she wants to keep a lower profile. Although I don't how it could be any lower -saw nearly no press about her, and I have her on my google alerts.

Wonder what she'll do now.... Go see the three children she hasn't seen in many years....??

Undocumented Immigrant Leaves ‘Sanctuary’
    Produced by Chip Mitchell on Monday, October 19, 2009

Print

Bookmark and Share Share

Comment (6)

Crisóstomo says moving out of the church will make her more effective. (Chip Mitchell/WBEZ)

A Mexican has moved out of a church on Chicago’s West Side where she lived almost two years in defiance of a deportation order.

A statement from Flor Crisóstomo says leaving Adalberto United Methodist will make her immigrant-rights activism more effective.

Crisóstomo was among almost 1,200 immigrants detained nationwide in 2006 federal raids of a pallet maker called IFCO Systems.

Another undocumented Mexican, Elvira Arellano, lived in the same church for a year with her U.S.-born son. Arellano left in 2007 for a planned speaking tour but authorities quickly arrested and deported her.

Crisóstomo is keeping a lower profile. She’s not saying whether she plans to stay in Chicago.

http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/Conte ... ioID=37486

__________________________________________________ _________

Wonder if she won...

Monday, June 29, 2009

Elvira Arellano runs for Mexican Congress
    Remember Elvira Arellano? She was an illegal immigrant who took sanctuary in a Chicago church with her son for a year though she was eventually arrested and deported in 2007. In the near two years that she has been split from her son, she has become an activist seeking fairer immigration laws in the U.S. such as participating in a protest during Barack Obama’s trip to Mexico this year.

Arellano’s latest move is her attempt to run for a seat on Mexico’s Congress. She has allied herself with the leftist Democratic Revolutionary Party (PRD, in Spanish) in her bid to represent a district in Tijuana. Yet her campaign has been described as being a “long shotâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"It's true that I didn't really know Tijuana," Arellano said in a telephone interview. "What I do know is the needs of families. I know the reasons we have to immigrate to the United States. I lived the same things that thousands of people here in Tijuana have lived."
    Firstly, when you leave a country, you emigrate out. When you come into a country you immigrate in.
    No you don't have to come to this country. You can go to some other country. And for understanding the reason to emigrate out of Mexico, is there another viable reason besides money and all our freebies for illegals?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)