Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fmr. Swift Workers Sue Over Hiring of Illegals (Good News)

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/page ... geId=3.2.1

Fmr. Swift Workers Sue Over Hiring of Illegals
    Last Edited: Monday, 18 Dec 2006, 12:52 PM MST
    Created: Monday, 18 Dec 2006, 12:51 PM MST
    Swift & Company, Greeley, Colorado. December 12, 2006

More a dozen former Swift and Company employees are suing the meat packing company for 23 (m) million dollars -- alleging officials conspired to depress wages by hiring illegal immigrants.

The 18 former employees are legal residents who worked at the Swift meatpacking plant in Cactus, Texas -- north of Amarillo.

Swift is based in Greeley, Colorado.

Agents from U-S Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided the Cactus plant and five others last week. Nearly 13-hundred employees were arrested during the multistate immigration sweep that temporarily halted operations.

Dallas attorney Angel Reyes says the plaintiffs are victims in a long-standing scheme by Swift to depress and artificially lower the wages of its workers by knowingly hiring illegal workers.

Attorneys for the former employees filed a lawsuit late Friday against Swift and its owners, Dallas-based investment firm H-M Capital Partners.

They contend Swift and H-M Capital Partners engaged in racketeering to manipulate commerce.

This is really good news. These companies better dump the illegals.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good for them! More workers need to start doing this.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

They contend Swift and H-M Capital Partners engaged in racketeering to manipulate commerce.
    It's about time! That is GREAT NEWS!!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Excellent News!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

The plaintiff's attorney is going to be in for a bumpy ride. Angel Reyes? Last time I checked, that is not a "gringo" name. Oh man, I can here LULAC now, "Reyes is a TRAITOR to his race!!!" I hope this is the start of something bigger. I never thought of lawsuits by former employees against companies that hire illegals. I hope they win! What a great weapon this could be in the fight against companies hiring illegals.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

This is great news. I wonder how long it will take the ACLU to somehow get involved and start making threats?