Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Foolish globalism will hurt United States

Foolish globalism will hurt United States
    James P. Pinkerton
    October 30, 2007

The Grand Globalist surveyed the panoramic vista from his lofty office suite. He could see all the places in the world in a moment's time. And yet the Grand Globalist was not pleased with what he saw.

As he looked down, the Globalist could see people far below, scurrying around like ants, not realizing how tiny and pathetic their little lives were.

Indeed, that was the problem: The ants were all different. They were diverse. Each bunch of ants lived in its own stupid ant heap, which, in the ants' pathetic manner, they called "countries." And each country had its own idiotic ant-culture, each insisting on flying, even saluting, its unique ant-flag.

It was all so . . . messy. From his vantage point, the Globalist knew that the world would be a better place if everyone lived by the same rules - set by him, of course. No walls, no restrictions on trade or travel. Then it would be easy for the Globalist to move the chess pieces of geopolitics - pluck up a factory here, put it there; migrate a population from there to here - according to his own master game plan.

But the Globalist was having a hard time with America. Those stubborn creatures called "Americans" were threatening his planetary order.

So the Globalist summoned his two underlings tasked with handling the U.S. portfolio. One was code-named Elephant, the other Donkey.

"Look," said the Globalist to his flunkies, "I have given you power and glory - I even split it between the two of you, because I thought you two would like to share credit for 'bipartisan accomplishment.' You, Elephant! I gave you the White House, so that you could sell off American assets, including the ports, and divert the military overseas, leaving the homeland undefended against illegal aliens and drugs. Mission: only partly accomplished!"

Continuing, the Globalist said to Elephant, "I know that your president tried, but I want more! I don't just want bilingualism in America; I want the Tower of Babel!"

Elephant protested: "But master! Republicans loved globalism, back when it seemed a one-way street for them - the profitable export of American wares. But recently, Republicans have figured out that 'globalism' is actually a two-way street; if we seek to influence others, others will seek to influence us. Republicans now see encroaching international law as globalism's downside."

The Globalist glowered, soul-freezingly, at his Republican stooge: "Very disappointing." Then he turned an only slightly warmer eye to his other henchperson.

"And as for you, Donkey, I gave you control of Congress, so that you could spearhead such useful legislation as the immigration bill - a big amnesty for illegal aliens - and you failed. Just last week, you couldn't even get the mini-amnesty DREAM Act through Congress. At the rate you're going, Donkey, you're never going to drown American sovereignty in the wide sea of humanity.

"And speaking of the sea," the Globalist continued, "what about that Law of the Sea Treaty? Turning the ocean's resources over to an international governing consortium of un-elected bureaucrats - now that's hot!"

Donkey protested: "Give me the White House, as well as Congress, and I'll give you not only the Law of the Sea Treaty, but also the Kyoto Treaty. That'll be enough one-worldism to warm even your heart."

The Globalist stared quizzically down at Donkey. "Can you really deliver rank-and-file Democrats?"

Donkey grinned eagerly, thinking of future promotions. "Ordinary Democrats are a lot like ordinary Republicans when it comes to sticking up for the country - if they know the truth, that is. But they won't. To get those two treaties enacted, I won't tell my people what's actually in the treaties. I'll just tell them that the treaties are anti-Republican. In the current partisan climate, that'll be good enough."

The Grand Globalist smiled at the prospect.

James P. Pinkerton's e-mail address is jim@jamesppinkerton.com
    http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/ ... 984.column
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    And the Devil Speaks
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now that is scary.