Thread: Foreign Drivers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Foreign Drivers

http://tampatrib.com/floridametronews/MGBP95ZMP7E.html

Tampa Tribune

Foreign Drivers

Published: Apr 19, 2005

Members of the Senate Transportation Committee voiced national security concerns but ultimately approved a measure that would give driver's licenses to some foreigners who frequently visit the state.
    Sen. Ron Klein, D-Delray Beach, questioned whether Florida officials would be able to track down foreigners whose visas are revoked after they've received a driver's license.

Steven Fielder, legislative affairs director for the Department of Highway Safety, told lawmakers the agency has no system in place to track visa revocations.

Rep. David Rivera, R-Miami, the House sponsor of the bill, argued that the proposal (SB 2040) would increase state security by requiring applicants for the special licenses to provide a Florida address.< <

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In the case of a visa holder applying for DL..how about an expiration date on the DL that concurs with the expiration date on the visa??

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

What's worse than these foreign drivers?These foreigners that win state Lottos!And here in Ca. there are many.It gives me a bad feeling in my intestines when I see them on the news being interviewed about what they're gonna do with the money and one of seventeen relatives there has to translate in very poor English what they'll do with the money.

RoadRunner wrote:
    In the case of a visa holder applying for DL..how about an expiration date on the DL that concurs with the expiration date on the visa??
    Are you REALLY looking for honesty &/or "common sense" among our elected officials????? LOL, that's something that I'd like to see before I die.

And then there's this.......they'll probably be able to purchase a firearm with more ease than an American citizen, use it in a crime and then the Left can milk the incident - "why law abiding Americans should have their guns taken away." Of course, in the media coverage of the crime there will be NO mention that it was an ILLEGAL who perpetrated the crime.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)