Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Former President Bush to endorse McCain

Former President Bush to endorse McCain
    Nod from Bush patriarch seen as help in unifying the Republican Party
    The Associated Press
    updated 10:30 a.m. ET, Fri., Feb. 15, 2008

WASHINGTON - Former President George H.W. Bush will endorse John McCain in Texas on Monday, Republican officials said.

The endorsement represents another step in McCain's tightening grip on the Republican presidential nomination. The officials spoke Friday on condition of anonymity because the formal announcement is next week.

Since he took a commanding lead in the delegate count, the Arizona senator has been working to solidify his support from the Republican base. On Thursday, he picked up the endorsement of his one-time chief rival, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. The endorsement of the former president and patriarch of the Bush family also could help with party stalwarts.

His son, the current President Bush, has not yet formally endorsed McCain because former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in still in the race, but he strongly signaled his support last weekend in a cable television interview.

The president told "Fox News Sunday" that McCain is a "true conservative" but may have to work harder to convince other conservatives that he is one of their own.

McCain "is very strong on national defense," Bush said in the television interview. "He is tough fiscally. He believes the tax cuts ought to be permanent. He is pro-life. His principles are sound and solid as far as I'm concerned."

When asked about criticism of McCain by conservative commentators Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter, the president said, "I think that if John is the nominee, he has got some convincing to do to convince people that he is a solid conservative and I'll be glad to help him if he is the nominee."

Bush said some of the criticism of McCain was the result of "probably, some personal animosity toward me. You can't please all the people all the time."
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23183204/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who cares who he "endorses"! Like I've been sitting here for the last 6 months without a thought in my head until one of these bozos tells us who to vote for by making an endorsement! They need to get real.

Oh boy, GHW Bush endorsed McSlime, now let's all gather around the campfire and sing songs!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

When asked about criticism of McCain by conservative commentators Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter, the president said, "I think that if John is the nominee, he has got some convincing to do to convince people that he is a solid conservative and I'll be glad to help him if he is the nominee."
    Hey, GHW, what do you mean, you'll be glad to help McCain convince us that he is a solid conservative????? Who's running, you or him???
    McCain is the one who needs to convince us, not you!!!
    Yeesh!!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    Oh boy, GHW Bush endorsed McSlime, now let's all gather around the campfire and sing songs!
    Should we start with "99 bottles of beer on the wall" or "Kumbayyah"???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    Should we start with "99 bottles of beer on the wall" or "Kumbayyah"???
    Z, we can only do 99 bottles of beer on the wall after Kennedy and GW Jr. finished drinking them. Of course, mclamebrain could sing for us after his 'debut' performance!
    I'll put in the request for La Cuceracha, I'm sure he knows the words to that one by heart.

Of course, seeing him do the macerena dance would be interesting to see!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Former President

Who cares? These are the same incompetent people who allowed 20 million illegal immigrants into our country.

McCain is strong on National Defense????HAHAHAHAHAHA. Why has he allowed this invasion of our southern border to continue?

I refuse to vote for John McCain. If you agree, please write or call his campaign and tell him.

so a politician endorses someone for an office.
    just what exactly does this mean and how many regular people
    like us, actually GIVE SA RATS A$$ WHO ENDORSES WHO