Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Former Trump Adviser Calls Migrant Caravan a ‘Political Gift’: ‘I Wish They Were Carr

Former Trump Adviser Calls Migrant Caravan a ‘Political Gift’: ‘I Wish They Were Carrying Heroin’

by Ken Meyer | Oct 23rd, 2018, 10:07 am 2051

As President Trump turns up his inflammatory rhetoric about border security and immigration, a new profile on his advisers and party allies signifies that they’re completely prepared to amplify his fear-based talking points.

Washington Post released an article last night that dives into Trump’s factually-questionable talking points about the migrant caravan approaching the U.S. southern border. Specifically, the piece explores how much of the Republican Party is falling in line behind Trump on this in the hope that the upcoming midterms will echo the 2016 election.

WaPo spoke to several political operators about what sort of impact this ploy will have, one of whom was former Ben Carson campaign manager-turned-Trump adviser, Barry Bennett. Bennett called the caravan a “political gift” in terms of a motivator for conservative voters, and at one point, he seemed to wish that the migrants were all carrying drugs so the fear generation would go up even more.

“I wish they were carrying heroin. I wish we had thought of it. It speaks to the dearth of our creativity, unfortunately,” Bennett said. “There are 7,000 people marching toward the U.S. border. One party wants to let them in. The other party wants to keep them out.”

The article proceeds to touch on various Trump allies and other political figures who’ve spoken about Trump’s fear-based messaging, whether to support him or call out his factual inaccuracies and lack of focus on his accomplishments.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/form...rrying-heroin/

You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

----“I wish they were carrying heroin. I wish we had thought of it.----

Proof of just how low the Republician party will stoop for a vote.
    Shame on you, shame on each and every one of you with this attitude.
    They must think we are all stupid.
    Any lie, and deception, any type destruction to this country just as long as you get a vote.
    A vote to go in and give us additional destruction of our country.
    You want a "political gift" then STOP the caravan like yesterday.
    No ---"we have to wait until after the election"---no lies about "we will do this or that after the election".
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything