Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Former Trump ICE director on border separations: ‘They chose to separate themselves’

Former Trump ICE director on border separations: ‘They chose to separate themselves’

Julia Shapero
    Fri, March 3, 2023 at 9:45 AM EST

The former acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under President Trump on Thursday defended the administration’s border separation policies.

“I’m sick and tired hearing about the family separation,” Thomas Homan said while speaking in a Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) panel. “You know, I’m still being sued over that, so come get me. I don’t give a s–t, right. Bottom line is, we enforced the law.”

“When I was a cop in New York and I arrested a father for domestic violence, or someone for [driving under the influence], I separated that family,” he continued. “When you violate the law with a child, you’re going to be separated.”

“But you’re right, 250,000 children have crossed the border since Joe Biden’s been president,” Homan added. “They chose to separate themselves.”

Homan served as acting director of ICE from January 2017 through June 2018. He oversaw the early stages of the Trump administration’s controversial family separation policy, in which migrants who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border without permission were criminally charged or referred for prosecution.

Accompanying children were taken from the adults they arrived with and, in the formal policy that was eventually released, were handed over to the Department of Health and Human Services.

“I don’t give a s–t what anybody says,” Homan added while speaking about Biden administration border policies. “This border has put a lot of lives in danger.”

A Family Reunification Task Force, established under President Biden, has identified nearly 4,000 children that were separated from their parents under the Trump administration. Almost 3,000 have been reunified with their family as of February, of which more than 600 were facilitated by the task force.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to The Hill.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-tr...144524523.html

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Every damn one of them need to be handed over to their Embassy to process and transport back home at their countries expense. Get 35 million illegals and visa overstays off our soil. Use our military and Navy ships to ship them back.

We are sick of this unrelenting invasion of our country and spending over $200 billion to pay for it every year!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL