Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Four-point fix for immigration mess--BILL O'REILLY SPEAKS

http://news.bostonherald.com/editorial/ ... &srvc=home

Here in the New York City area, where I am writing this, there could be as many as a million illegal aliens living in the region. Nobody really knows the exact number because the local authorities don’t ask - they don’t want to know.

What the authorities do know is that the city’s economy would collapse if all the illegals were rounded up and taken away.

And, certainly, the powers-that-be in New York, California and everywhere else illegal labor is embedded don’t want disruption. I mean, who’s gonna drive the cabs and clean the dishes?

It is important to understand that mentality in deciding what to think about the illegal immigration mess. Business in America is solidly behind the chaos and so are many politicians, though they’d never admit it. That’s why nothing has been done to solve the illegal immigration problem for more than 20 years.

But many regular folks are angry about the immigration crisis. Neighborhoods are different, crimes are committed by foreign nationals who shouldn’t be here, press one for English on your telephone, and so on. We are all impacted by this colossal mess, but divided as to how to deal with it.

The hard-line anti-immigration people want the illegals out. They broke the law; they must go.

Many liberal Americans want compassion. The illegals are poor; let them stay.

And the great middle watches the ping-pong game of charges and countercharges. The result: Nothing is getting done.

So here is my no-spin immigration plan, which I believe is fair and would be acceptable to most Americans.

First, the southern border must be protected by at least 700 miles of barrier, backed up by a doubling of the Border Patrol. To assist those federal agents, 10,000 National Guard troops would be stationed near the border.

That would effectively close the border to smugglers of humans and drugs. If you oppose that strategy, you do not want a secure border. Period.

Second, all illegal aliens currently in the United States must register at their local post office with Homeland Security. If they do not register, they would be subject to immediate deportation. After processing by the feds, the aliens would then receive a tamper-proof identification card, allowing them to temporarily work here.

Third, any business that hires aliens who do not have the government-issued ID would be criminally charged.

Fourth, all registered illegal aliens would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Those deemed by federal authorities to be self-sufficient, law-abiding people would receive the so-called “Z-Visas,â€

Well gee, Bill...I guess I'm a hard line anti-illegal then. I want them OUT. NO reward for breaking the law for citizens...NO reward for breaking the law for illegal aliens...an even playing field.

those that are responsible are our government officials who have not enforced immigration laws for years.

Bill...I like the first part of your plan (securing the border), but the rest of it sucks.

Send them back where they came from. Period.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

What the authorities do know is that the city’s economy would collapse if all the illegals were rounded up and taken away.
    Maybe if ALL were taken all at once, but I firmly believe deportation thru attrition is the way to go.. cut off jobs and freebies and over time they will leave.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

O'Reilly,
    I like your one-page proposal.
    It's practical and makes sense and I think most people could live with it.
    Of course my ideal would be to kick all illegals out of our nation, but what you propose would be the second best solution.

OK Bill, and what do you propose for an illegal that is a criminal AND has an anchor baby? See Bill, your simplistic approach just won't work...there is no way to discern who is a "good" illegal and who is a "bad" illegal, THEY ALL BROKE THE LAW!!
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Maybe if ALL were taken all at once, but I firmly believe deportation thru attrition is the way to go.. cut off jobs and freebies and over time they will leave.
    I agree. I think they're blowin' smoke with that collapsing economy thing. If we get them out of the USA by attrition, it's not like all 12-20 million are going to leave voluntarily (or they would already be gone), so it'll take time...we'll step into the void for most of those jobs just like "we" have for the others. After all, they've been "our" jobs all these decades...we just got pushed out for a bigger profit for corporate.

MW
    Run Chicken Little, run, the sky is falling.........

Your economy is not going to collapse, and neither is the country's. What will happen is business profits (currently at an all time high) will decrease and wages and employment benefits will increase. The actual cost of products and services will not be impacted to the level some pro-growth economist would have us believe. Last time I checked we are still operating under a free-market economy. The decisions in a free-market economy are influenced by the pressures of competition, supply, and demand, not labor costs.

According to Business Week, the average CEO of a major corporation made 42 times the pay of a typical American factory worker in 1980. By 1990, that ratio had more than doubled 85 times and almost quintupled again to a staggering 419 times in 1998. If that rate of exponential growth were to continue, the average CEO would make the salary equivalent of more than 150,000 American factory workers in 2050. I'm sorry, but there is something very wrong with this picture. In other words, the workers should be getting more and the CEO's less.

Here's another interesting tidbit for you: Business Week also stated that the average salary and bonus for a chief executive rose a phenomenal 39%, to $2.3 million in 1996. Retirement benefits, incentive plans, and gains from stock options are also added to the CEO's compensation package. This increase in CEO pay is creating a disturbing message. This message is that the CEO deserves nearly all the credit for the company's success. Managers and other key employees who are responsible for day-to-day company activities are receiving much smaller compensation for their efforts as are lower-level employees.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn