Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let us know how it goes!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I had to laugh...first Moran mentions the 230 pages of comments. Then he mentions that the ad has offended a few people. What's his definition of a few???

Another poster said that when he called he got Moran and found him to be incredibly rude. That was early on -no Moran sees that he needs to handle this with care...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Julie Luck did the story on Fox 8 WGHP. They showed the Absolut reconquista map ad, said it was on billboards in Mexico. She never mentioned the magazine ads. At the end she offered up a little 'history', saying that Mexico 'gave up' the land after the Mexican American war which was fought during 1846-1848.

Oh, well- at least the ad will get some attention in my area from those who don't watch cable news or shows like Glenn Beck, Lou Dobbs and others.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Julie Luck did the story on Fox 8 WGHP. They showed the Absolut reconquista map ad, said it was on billboards in Mexico. She never mentioned the magazine ads. At the end she offered up a little 'history', saying that Mexico 'gave up' the land after the Mexican American war which was fought during 1846-1848.

Oh, well- at least the ad will get some attention in my area from those who don't watch cable news or shows like Glenn Beck, Lou Dobbs and others.
    Right every bit of exposure helps alot!!! they did more than my local station.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    You should have heard their reaction when I told them that we may pay to run their ads on billboards here in America.

I think I heard a long flatulent noise in the background.

W
    I loved that too! Good thinking W - that must have thrown them for a curve of the most unexpected variety - perfect! (and sooo true too!)

That would prime most Americans for the May 1 marches in a way that self-motivation could just never do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Over 5000 hits in just a few hours at http://www.boycottabsolut.com/

must be a lot of Americans pissed off, I mean in a tizzy

I will post it on more web sites and blogs
    Yes and it means that our activists are doing a great job at getting the word out!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!!

On the company's Web site, commentary on the ad has so far reached 230 pages and counting. "This is the first time we've experienced this reaction at all. So I don't really even have a gauge" to compare it with, Moran said.
    Well, Moran (or should I say Moron- let your loss be your lesson. Thanks for feeding into our cause. I have forwarded your sorry (and might I say) anger-instigating ad to all my friends and family. On top of that, I was the one who wrote you with "Loved the ad" in the subject line of my eMail (since you have a program that lets you read the topic before actually opening the email itself) and the first word in the topics was NOT!

I added the boycott address on the local newspaper blog here in South Florida. That will help as there are many people who are fed up with illegals. Even many hispanics who played by the rules are coming out and saying it.

I got ANOTHER email from Pernod Ricard without any more feedback to them. I believe they may be very worried.

"Dear xxxxx,

This new message is the official message of Pernod Ricard I should have sent to your email :

We have received several messages from American consumers regarding an Absolut advertisement published in Mexico showing a map with altered American and Mexican borders.

Pernod Ricard is not yet the owner of Absolut and has no involvement in the management of the brand. The acquisition is expected to close during the summer 2008.

Nevertheless, we understand that this advertisement has caused offence and we have passed your comments on to V&S, the Swedish owner of Absolut. They have informed us that the advertisement in question was withdrawn on 4th April and will not be used again.

Please rest assured that your comments are valuable to us and we have taken them on board. Pernod Ricard has a strict internal code of ethics which all our advertisements are checked against.

As soon as Pernod Ricard becomes responsible for Absolut we will integrate its advertising into our approval system to ensure that such matters are arrested prior to causing any offence.

Kind regards"

I sent them this reply:

"Thank you for your timely reply. I feel reassured that Pernod Ricard holds to a higher standard of advertising than V&S.

I will say however, that an official boycott of V & S products was launched yesterday in the US and until Pernod Ricard takes the business over, I will participate in the boycott and ask others to do so. Unfortunately for Pernod Ricard, you have been caught in a very untenable position right now. Thank you for contacting Absolut and telling them of your concern."

Well, Dunno if they are "shakin in thier boots" yet, but it's a start!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast