Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

France: No Mass Legalizing of Immigrants

France: No Mass Legalizing of Immigrants
    Published: 5/21/07, 7:05 PM EDT

PARIS (AP) - France's new immigration minister ruled out the possibility of legalizing undocumented immigrants on masse, saying Monday that government policy would be firm and pragmatic.

Brice Hortefeux heads the Ministry of Immigration and National Identity - newly created by President Nicolas Sarkozy to manage the inflow of immigrants and protect French values and cohesion.

"We have to put aside massive legalization. It doesn't work and it penalizes, even immigrants," Hortefeux said on Europe 1 radio. Policy, he added, would be guided by "firmness and humanism" with "lots of pragmatism."

He said he planned to adhere to the policy of deporting illegal immigrants from France. The number of deportees was expected to reach some 25,000 this year, and Hortefeux said he would ensure that figure was reached.

The conservative Sarkozy, elected president May 6, had reached out to the anti-immigration far-right to capture votes, rankling some of his own allies by creating the new immigration ministry. Critics have said the government should not mix immigration with national identity.

Hortefeux said he would meet shortly with officials from the hotel and restaurant industries, which rely heavily on immigrants.

Hortefeux also said he would not question a long-standing policy of "family grouping," which allows immigrants in France to bring their families here. But he indicated, as Sarkozy has, that the policy may be modified to ensure the integration of those who join relatives in France.

"It must be carried out in respect for the dignity of those who want to come and (in a way) that favors their integration," he said.

Sarkozy has said he wants to ensure that those who join families in France can speak French and that relatives can support the newcomers.

http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.d ... &cntp=beta
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd rather have the French government than ours, but I just changed my mind.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd rather have the French government than ours, but I just changed my mind.
    Isn't that something.. Glad my Wife is fluent in French..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Well It looks like the French are smarter...how sad is that...I need some french fry's...sheeesh! I need some french wine with my cheese too!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

It's pretty dang bad when the French government can figure it out but ours can't
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    It's pretty dang bad when the French government can figure it out but ours can't
    Oh, I think ours can figure it out just fine. Unfortunately, they just don't care.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

wait, now they do care......... about their deep pockets and illegal immigrant votes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya, we sure have a bunch of traitors up their in congress, but they revealed themselves today now we know which ones are non-American
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

could we outsource our government to France?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    could we outsource our government to France?
    I doubt it Charles, but we can work our ass off to put them out of office! More Americans are waking up everyday all we have to do is recuit them.

We just lost the battle no the war, greater people than us have lost battles and they retreat and regroup and ATTACK!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast