Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Frank Gaffney: Trump Asking Congress to Legalize DACA Won’t ‘Sit Well with a Lot of V

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Frank Gaffney: Trump Asking Congress to Legalize DACA Won’t ‘Sit Well with a Lot of V

Frank Gaffney: Trump Asking Congress to Legalize DACA Won’t ‘Sit Well with a Lot of Voters in His Base Come 2018 Elections’

by JOHN HAYWARD
    6 Sep 2017
    1,706 comments

Center for Security Policy President Frank Gaffney joined SiriusXM host Alex Marlow on Wednesday’s Breitbart News Daily to discuss President Trump’s ending former President Obama’s illegal DACA amnesty program. The president returned the issue to Congress, encouraging it to legalize the people who received DACA waivers.

“This episode reminds me of the old biblical story about King Solomon, faced with the dilemma of two women who claimed to be the mother of a baby, saying he would split the baby in half. The real mother wouldn’t tolerate it, and he resolved the matter very satisfactorily, with the wisdom of Solomon,” Gaffney said of DACA.

“Well, this is what happens when you actually see the baby split, it seems to me. You have a bit of a concession to that long-standing and oft-repeated campaign promise to end this unconstitutional practice and protect, as you say, not just the hardworking men and women of this country and the jobs that they need and all the rest – but, as you say, Alex, our national security as well,” he told Marlow.

“The fact is that we have, under this program, seen large numbers of people who came into this country without vetting of any kind, let alone ‘extreme vetting,’ and are now, we’re being told, eligible for, among other things, serving in the United States military,” Gaffney continued.

“Now, some of them have lived most of their lives here, and presumably, we’ve got some sense of who they are – they’ve gone to school and all that – but the real problem is we don’t know who they are, and you’re right, I’m absolutely convinced that this is a magnet for more to come, if it is not dispensed with,” he said.

“And yet what the president has signaled, as you’ve indicated, both through his tweets and to some extent through the formula that they came up with to send this back to Congress and see what Congress can do to get this legislatively approved, is really create – I’m afraid – create a further engine for this kind of amnesty going forward. That will have further national security, as well as economic and, I fear, political ramifications,” Gaffney warned.

Marlow argued that the “economic nationalist” argument – in essence, that the needs of American citizens for jobs and national security outweigh the demands of foreign citizens – resonates strongly with much of the American electorate but is represented by only a small percentage of the political class.

“I think that only a fraction of our legislative officials in the Swamp are willing to just say, ‘Look, I get it. I get this is not an easy call, but it is one that we must focus on Americans first,’” Marlow said. “This is something that cannot be said in Republican establishment circles.”

“It certainly can’t, and I don’t think you’ll hear much of it,” Gaffney agreed. “Unless, Alex, and this is, again, where I think Breitbart plays an incredible – indeed indispensable, not just important, but indispensable – role in giving voice to those millions of Americans, as you say, I think half the population roughly, certainly the voting population, who wanted the president not just to kick the can back to Congress on DACA, but to do what he said he would do, which is end it.”

“He’s not there anymore. Let’s face it. He’s going to be, I gather, leading the fight to get the 15 percent or however many they are in Congress essentially suppressed, and the votes of those folks in his base be damned,” Gaffney said glumly.

“I don’t like that prospect, I have to say, and I don’t think it’s going to sit well with a lot of voters in his base come the 2018 elections,” he predicted.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/...018-elections/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

yeah, Trump needs to shut the fvck up about DACA. The word never should touch his lips again. He's done the right thing, and for the most part the right way as I see it. But this pushing Congress to do something for the DACAs is a FOUL BALL.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    “I don’t like that prospect, I have to say, and I don’t think it’s going to sit well with a lot of voters in his base come the 2018 elections,” he predicted.
    I'm afraid you're right. I honestly think Trump is getting a lot of bad advice from amnesty supporters like John Kelly, Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and Cohen, and worse yet, he's heeding it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Funny, you left out Paul Ryan, Speaker of the US House of Representatives, that controls any amnesty legislation passed by the US Congress.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Funny, you left out Paul Ryan, Speaker of the US House of Representatives, that controls any amnesty legislation passed by the US Congress.

Oh, I'm sure the list extends beyond those I mentioned.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Oh, I'm sure the list extends beyond those I mentioned.
    Oh yes it certainly does and it might do well when you want to list them to make sure you're listing the ones who are elected and actually control amnesty legislation which isn't Trump or anyone in the White House.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh yes it certainly does and it might do well when you want to list them to make sure you're listing the ones who are elected and actually control amnesty legislation which isn't Trump or anyone in the White House.
    You never give up offering Trump cover and making excuses for him, do you?

I was listing those closest to him, mainly his advisers and his Chief of Staff who seems to control who does and doesn't get face time with the President. They're the ones he trusts and the ones that have the most influence over him. Make no mistake about it, Trump has everything to do with any attempt at a DACA amnesty because he's the one that will sign it and the others I mentioned will be the ones advising him to sign it!

You never give up offering Trump cover and making excuses for him, do you?
    Never, and the reason is because Donald Trump is the greatest President of my lifetime.

Oh by the way, I figured out why Trump pushed the DACA Amnesty yesterday. It was because Paul Ryan had opposed Trump's decision to end DACA. That's also why he called the meeting with Schumer and Pelosi on the debt ceiling, Harvey and spending CR.

It was all to bitch-slap Paul Ryan for publicly opposing Trump's decision to end DACA.

When Trump plays, it's not volley ball, it's hard ball.

No one controls this President.