Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Frank Sharry's plan to get GOP support of Amnesty.

THE POLITICAL CASE FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM.

I just got off the phone with Frank Sharry, the executive director of the pro-immigration reform group America's Voices, who offered the argument for why Obama should prioritize immigration reform. "Conventional wisdom about immigration before the 2006 and 2008 election was that it was an issue Democrats should fear," he said,"it's a culturally-laced political wedge. It's the rebirth of the Southern strategy. But that has failed miserably. It didn't work in 2006. It was tried in the Republican primary where it failed to derail McCain's candidacy, showing that the anti-immigration folks could shut down the Senate switch board but not stop the candidacy of their most hated candidate in their party's primary. Meanwhile, immigrants showed up in big numbers and helped flip four swing states."

"Latino voters could be consolidated as a new base for Democrats if they own immigration reform. Our polling suggests that swing voters who want a new path and less partisanship see immigration as the sort of hard issue Washington is afraid of and they very much want someone to take control of it. And republicans are in a tough situation. If they block reform they lose the fastest growing bloc of voters."

"Think," said Sharry," of Bush in 2000. Republicans can compete for socially conservative Latinos. They only need 40 percent of them because they win the white vote. It's a simple formula. McCain aimed for 40 percent, but he got 31 percent because of Republican behavior during immigration reform."

"If they support reform," however, "they get it off the table."

And maybe they need to do that. Or at least let it pass. Sharry's argument suggests that Mitch McConnell should pick five Senate Republicans who won't suffer for supporting immigration and tell them to ensure the bill's success while the rest of the party whips itself into a frenzy of ineffective opposition. If there's any electoral gains to be made from the immediate political backlash, Republicans can take advantage of them. (Mi guess, its Martinez, McCain, Grahamnesty, Specter and Snow) But the issue is off the table politically and the Republican Party can begin trying to reach out to Latinos more systematically.

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/ezra ... or_immigra

What??!! Are they nuts? They're suggesting Republicans concede to Shamnesty and destroy this country so we can recruit Latino voters who want to Open Our Borders?!! Have these egg-heads lost their friggin' minds??!!

Hear this and hear this loud and clear. Classic Republicans do NOT, do NOT, sell out our country to win an election, not EVAR. We stick with the issue and convince the other side of what is right and best for the United States if it means we don't own the White House for another 10 elections.

Wake Up Classic Republicans! Do not ever fall for this crap. And tell any "Republican" in the US Senate that if they think we will, then they are sadly mistaken and they will go the way of the trash in the dumpster next election when we dump the garbage stinking up our government and rotting our country.

Oh my God, the evil of this pro-immigration movement is just unbelievable.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are Mexicans who have told me that they would respect a strict American immigration policy that allowed illegal aliens time to organize their affairs before they left and if the Americans gave more assistance in the development of Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    There are Mexicans who have told me that they would respect a strict American immigration policy that allowed illegal aliens time to organize their affairs before they left and if the Americans gave more assistance in the development of Mexico.
    Which is exactly what we should have been doing instead of coddeling a corrupt Mexican Gov.

I'm sure that's true, Richard. I've thought since Stupid Bush announced his Guest Worker Program several years ago that instead he should have announced a 30 day grace period for all illegal aliens to gather, pack, gas up and head home to all their countries, families intact, no child left behind.

No people of any nation respects a nation that sells out its own people, not even when they benefit from it. It's a betrayal of our people by our government, the worst example of such a betrayal in recorded history.

I don't support any more assistance in the development of Mexico. If they can build houses and buildings here, then they can build them there. If they can work in factories there and save up $10 to $12 thousand dollars to pay coyotes to smuggle them in here, then they can invest in their own country's development. If they can run drugs here to supplement their day job, then they can run them there to supplement their income in Mexico. If they can march in our streets demanding "rights" here to influence our government, then they can march in their own streets and demand "rights" in their own country to influence their own government.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most coyotes are paid for illegal migrants by people they have already making money here with the expectation of payback out of earnings made here. Money that should be going to creating jobs for them there is instead going to bringing them here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I certainly hope the GOP learned their lesson that last time. If the GOP caves in to amnesty it will be the end of the GOP.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

MW
    Richard wrote:

Why should it be an American taxpayer responsibility to aid in the development of Mexico? Furthermore, like Judy said, the giving them time to arrange their affairs has been tried and it failed miserably.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most coyotes are paid for illegal migrants by people they have already making money here with the expectation of payback out of earnings made here. Money that should be going to creating jobs for them there is instead going to bringing them here.
    Exactly. That's why they need to stay put in their own country and invest there. It's not our responsibility, it's theirs. These people are capable people, they don't need your handouts or mine or any other American's.

April
    Oregon needs our help!!! Please Join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-881797.html#881797