Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Fred Thompson hitting Rudy Giuliani with a club on illegal i

Fred Thompson hitting Rudy Giuliani with a club on illegal immigration record Marty Eels
    Published 10/24/2007 - 12:35 p.m. EDT

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=136081

Senator Fred Thompson has begun clubbing Rudy Giuliani over his illegal immigration record. Thompson's website has featured comments from both Rudy Giuliani and others making public statements about Giuliani's past illegal immigration record.

Thompson’s website has a series of damaging quotes from Giuliani and others regarding Giuliani, included this quote from Giuliani accusing the former mayor of teaming up with Moveon.org supporter George Soros to oppose ‘anti immigration forces’:

"Today I am also announcing that my office will be working with a coalition of well-known individuals and organizations who oppose the anti-immigration forces now being seen in Washington and elsewhere. Among the members of this coalition will be...George Soros..." (Rudy Giuliani, Remarks to the Kennedy School of Government, 10/10/96)

At that time Republican Pat Buchanan was campaigning for president against illegal immigration and in support of protecting U.S. borders from future terrorist attacks.

The Republican Party leadership opposed Buchanan’s platform on issues like immigration and rallied behind Senator Bob Dole for the nomination.

Thompson’s website also states that Giuliani reissued Executive Order 124, keeping New York City a 'sanctuary city' and forbidding city employees from reporting illegal immigrants seeking public services. It features this quote from a reporter in 1995:

"Mayor Rudolf (sic) Giuliani, on the other hand, reiterated his commitment to Executive Order 124 of 1989, the edict that prohibits city government officials and employees from snitching on the status of aliens, unless they're involved in criminal activity." (Filipino Reporter, 4/13/95)

Thompson’s website also claims that Rudy Giuliani not only allowed New York to become a 'sanctuary city,' it alsoi claims that Giuliani all but recruited illegal immigrants to the city. The website features this quote from the NY Times:

"If you come here and you work hard and you happen to be in an undocumented status, you're one of the people who we want in this city. You're somebody that we want to protect." (New York Times, 6/10/94)

Thompson’s website also claims that then Mayor Giuliani filed a lawsuit to block a federal law that would have required city officials to report illegal immigrants to federal immigration authorities. Another quote from the NY Times:

"...Giuliani today announced that the New York City Corporation Counsel has filed a law suit against the federal government challenging two provisions of the recently enacted Federal Welfare and Immigration laws. ... 'I believe the anti-immigration movement in America is one of our most serious public problems,' Mayor Giuliani said. 'And Washington is only making the problem worse." (New York Times, 10/11/96)

Thompson’s own proposals seem to echo Tom Tancredo’s, calling for an end to federal funds and grants to ‘Sanctuary Cities’. Thompson wants to cut off funds to ‘Sanctuary Cities’ and to Universities offering in state tuition to illegal aliens. .

Thompson also wants to double immigration and Customs Enforcement agents handling interior enforcement. He wants at least 25,000 border patrol agents and go after employers that high illegal aliens.

Thompson also wants English to be the official language.

Fred Thompson’s own proposal on immigration seems to call for increased legal immigration. He calls for streamlining the process and reduce backlogs into the country. He wants to simplify and expedite the application processes for temporary visas.

As published on his website it isn’t actually clear whether he’s calling for a streamlined process or increasing immigration as well.

Recently on U.S. television former Mexican President Vincente Fox called for massive immigration into the U.S. to forward the eventual goal of creating a North American Union.

Fred Thompson was asked about the North American Union over the summer and claimed to not know about it

Although this is great that Thompson pointed out the fallacies of the bought out Guiliani however Thompson has not said anything different overall than Bush. No doubt in my mind a vote for Thompson would be a vote for Bush!

Has Thompson pointed out any fallacies of the Bush Administration?
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Banned
    Yes he has said and I quote "its been bad for my party"
    Ive been looking for it but I cant find the page where he was compared to Bush it was from back in the early summer...

Thompson is an actor.

Thompson is CFR.

More bush.. nothing more.. he will give in to the grand compromise as a step to move forward.. he will not veer from that agenda.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Thompson is an actor.

Thompson is CFR.

More bush.. nothing more.. he will give in to the grand compromise as a step to move forward.. he will not veer from that agenda.

You might be right

he sure has right things to say doesnt he
    Just like Bush till he got in