Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fremont, Neb. Sets Rules on Immigrants Speakers

Fremont, Neb. Sets Rules on Immigrants Speakers
    Fremont, Neb.
    Posted: 9:43 AM Jul 23, 2008
    Last Updated: 9:43 AM Jul 23, 2008
    Reporter: Associated Press
    Email Address: desk@kolnkgin.com
    0 comments

Fremont city leaders have set some rules of conduct for an upcoming discussion of an illegal-immigration issue.

The Fremont City Council is weighing a proposal that would ban renting to illegal immigrants and could as well outlaw hiring of them.

Fremont City Clerk Kim Volk said the council has approved rules that will limit speakers at the Tuesday meeting to three minutes. Applause, booing, profanity and raised voices will be barred.

The meeting will be held at the Fremont High School auditorium, which can fit 1,250 people, instead of the far smaller council chambers.
    http://www.kolnkgin.com/news/headlines/25800894.html

This is so wonderful and sweet But has taken long enough
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Get ready for the wailing and hair rending over violated rights to free speech

Go Fremont!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Go Fremont!!!
    Must agree, wish I could be there!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Go Fremont!!!
    Must agree, wish I could be there!

It would almost be worth taking the trip to Nebraska to see it, wouldn't it? With any luck they will broadcast it like they did in PWC and Waukegan

I wonder how many people they will allow to sit in on the discussions and if their be equal representation from both sides.

In other words, I hope there wont be a bunch of pro-illegal alien whiners taking over the room, and the anti-illegal people being barred from the discussion.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Have someone standing at the door to check drivers licenses and there will hardly be anyone coming in to talk for the illegals.

The residents should just stand in line one after another and say I agree with the previous speaker AND I add this. On and ON and ON

Neb. city's immigrant plan would ban hiring, too

Associated Press - July 24, 2008 12:35 PM ET

FREMONT, Neb. (AP) - A proposed law that would prohibit renting to or harboring illegal immigrants in Fremont, Neb., would now ban hiring as well.

The revised ordinance under consideration by the Fremont City Council now calls for businesses in the city to use an Internet-based system to verify they aren't employing illegal immigrants.

Under the proposal, the council would have the authority to revoke a business license, permit or contract or recall a grant or accelerate loan payments of a business found in violation.

The ordinance is scheduled for discussion at the council's meeting Tuesday.

A final vote is scheduled for Aug. 26.

www.kptm.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I wonder how many people they will allow to sit in on the discussions and if their be equal representation from both sides.

In other words, I hope there wont be a bunch of pro-illegal alien whiners taking over the room, and the anti-illegal people being barred from the discussion.

From everything I've read thus far, I can't see that being tolerated in Fremont.

They do not operate under the Rule of PC